Looking to return to the ways of our ancestors | Squat the Planet

Looking to return to the ways of our ancestors

SamtheNomad

Reaction score
Hello everybody! My name is Sam and I'm a 22yr old from the Bay Area in California. I've always loved being in nature and the outdoors, and over the last few years (college), I've grown more and more sick of modern life. We live with so much comfort, that we've forgotten how our ancestors lived in order for our species to get where it is today. My intention is to more or less go back to the Stone Age and live a life with no money, no car, no electricity, etc. I have been studying and practicing primitive shelter, tool, and weapon building, a well as hunting and trapping, and am eager to leave the modern life behind.

I am looking for suggestions on locations where I could live an isolated, primitive life. Preferably with a climate similar to the Bay Area, however I do know that snow would allow me to store meat much easier. So I'm open to any and all suggestions! Thanks for taking the time :)

Etown961

Reaction score
Good luck man, I've seen it done before, but its not exactly a walk in the park.

D

Deleted member 29173

Whoa! Tight. Best of luck. Ive come to basically agree with the less is more primitive mentality, but on a less extreme form than this.

SilverBird

Reaction score
Hello everybody! My name is Sam and I'm a 22yr old from the Bay Area in California. I've always loved being in nature and the outdoors, and over the last few years (college), I've grown more and more sick of modern life. We live with so much comfort, that we've forgotten how our ancestors lived in order for our species to get where it is today. My intention is to more or less go back to the Stone Age and live a life with no money, no car, no electricity, etc. I have been studying and practicing primitive shelter, tool, and weapon building, a well as hunting and trapping, and am eager to leave the modern life behind.

I am looking for suggestions on locations where I could live an isolated, primitive life. Preferably with a climate similar to the Bay Area, however I do know that snow would allow me to store meat much easier. So I'm open to any and all suggestions! Thanks for taking the time :)
This is kind of what I want to do. But also remember we weren’t solitary creatures. We lived in tribes. It can get quite lonely, it might be good to get a buddy or something to do this with.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads