Looking to Hitchhike/Hop from TX to OR | Squat the Planet

Looking to Hitchhike/Hop from TX to OR

Newagenomad

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping to find some info on the best routes from Houston TX to Portland Or.
Hitchhiking/hopping.

If you have any valuable knowledge or tidbits that I might need to know, it would be much appreciated. I’m leaving on Tuesday.

Also sending out feelers for anyone in the area or along the way that would like to road dog.

Thanks all, many blessings!

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Lithium21

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I’ve never hopped freight but it’s been explained in detail to me a few times? I’ve definitely always wanted to do it.

our general policy is that if you've never done it before, you should find someone that has to teach you since there's a world of difference between real life knowledge and reading about it online, especially when it comes to doing something that could very well kill you.

that said, you should check the train hopping guides in that forum to get yourself familiar with it before finding someone to show you in real life.

Cornellius Mcgillicuddy

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping to find some info on the best routes from Houston TX to Portland Or.
Hitchhiking/hopping.

If you have any valuable knowledge or tidbits that I might need to know, it would be much appreciated. I’m leaving on Tuesday.

Also sending out feelers for anyone in the area or along the way that would like to road dog.

Thanks all, many blessings!
Newagenomad, how’s it going? Did you make it to OR?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads