Looking for squatters or DIY house building

Antiwork

Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone who wants to start up a squat, or knows of some land with shelters we could fix up and DIY a nice living situation. I'm thinking find free stuff, craigslist, dumpster dive, put together a functional house of sorts and host cool shit there, or just have a base of operations for traveling and daily living. I'm good with building, tools and stuff like that. I'm also traveling soon, so anywhere in the country could work for me. Excited to hear from you guys.

Reactions: croc

Antiwork

Reaction score
how would you afford to transport materials to the place, assuming you actually find a good spot?

I think you're imagining too much of a place lol. I'm thinking more like fixing up an abandoned building. Worst case scenario, my RV could carry materials. Although building a log cabin might be fun :p

squamo

Reaction score
Nah lol i wasn't thinking of a whole log cabin, just you saying finding free stuff off craigslist, n base of operations made me think of getting pallets n stuff. But even with smaller things, it all takes energy to move. Usually no easy task.

Antiwork

Reaction score
Nah lol i wasn't thinking of a whole log cabin, just you saying finding free stuff off craigslist, n base of operations made me think of getting pallets n stuff. But even with smaller things, it all takes energy to move. Usually no easy task.

Lol yeah, moving large things could be in my van. anything else for fixing up abandoned buildings wouldn't be that big of a deal. like i said, i'm talking more about fixing up an existing structure. what kind of materials are you thinking? Are you asking cause you're interested :D

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads