Looking for intellectual philosophers to chat with. (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 26656

I deleted myself
I can go on and tell you with absolute confidence right now that I have been in pretty much every nook and cranny of this country riding trains and I will tell you right now that I find very very little redeeming about this place.
And even places that I would want to live have been overrun by gentrification or are too abandoned and there's no sense of community.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
D

Deleted member 26656

I deleted myself
Perhaps youre a person that's happy with themselves to begin with!
The sentiment of my post is obvious; if you're an unhappy person you'll take it with you where ever you go.
Perhaps so .

D

Deleted member 26656

I deleted myself
And while I appreciate your opinions, maybe dont call people's posts cleache and niave when they're trying to help.
Better to be kind than right. ;)
I don't think being in denial and or limiting this guy's options is going to help him 😉

D

Deleted member 24782

I deleted myself
I can go on and tell you with absolute confidence right now that I have been in pretty much every nook and cranny of this country riding trains and I will tell you right now that I find very very little redeeming about this place.
And even places that I would want to live have been overrun by gentrification or are too abandoned and there's no sense of community.

The US is over 3 million square miles, think you might have missed a few places!

MFB

Wise Sage

This place = the states?
And. Why are you here if you dont like it?

But I respectfully disagree.
The US is big and beautiful and we have almost every landscape except jungle. There is so much to see! You can travel for months without crossing a border. I've met a lot of amazing people doing amazing things in our country.

I've always assumed I would be an ex pat in the tropics when I get old (looking at you Barichara, Columbia) but presently I feel lucky to live in such a big beautiful country.

D

Deleted member 26656

I deleted myself
This place = the states?
And. Why are you here if you dont like it?

But I respectfully disagree.
The US is big and beautiful and we have almost every landscape except jungle. There is so much to see! You can travel for months without crossing a border. I've met a lot of amazing people doing amazing things in our country.

I've always assumed I would be an ex pat in the tropics when I get old (looking at you Barichara, Columbia) but presently I feel lucky to live in such a big beautiful country.
I'm not disputing the beauty of the landscape I just want to point out how hollow headed the inhabitants are

MFB

Wise Sage
I hear the anti-american-culture sentiment a lot. As if we are all credit card toting capitolists driving gas guzzlers drinking pop. For everyone of those theres some wierd artist metal working in thier studio or hippy playing in thier garden.
It usually seems born of some superiority complex, with a touch of the grass is always greener. And most of us are here, so its a bit of biting the hand that feeds ya.

Culturally, we're very young and have some growing up to do. But theres a ton of good shit going on here, and a lot of good communities. But in regards to diversity, the US has a lot. Which I love.
An example, my neighbor is a member of E VituS Clampus... The Clampers, something. Ill have beer w him and his burly bearded brethen. Theyre great.

I have no national pride. Stealing this idea from Carlin, pride should be reserved for things one accomplishes, rather than the lottery of where one was born.

Ive been to a lot of countries, and all over the US. We got it pretty cushy here. I aint complaning.

Lastly, I think its important to realize youre gonna meet your people by doing the things you like and support. Cool peeps are out there.

D

Deleted member 26656

I deleted myself
I hear the anti-american-culture sentiment a lot. As if we are all credit card toting capitolists driving gas guzzlers drinking pop. For everyone of those theres some wierd artist metal working in thier studio or hippy playing in thier garden.
It usually seems born of some superiority complex, with a touch of the grass is always greener. And most of us are here, so its a bit of biting the hand that feeds ya.

Culturally, we're very young and have some growing up to do. But theres a ton of good shit going on here, and a lot of good communities. But in regards to diversity, the US has a lot. Which I love.
An example, my neighbor is a member of E VituS Clampus... The Clampers, something. Ill have beer w him and his burly bearded brethen. Theyre great.

I have no national pride. Stealing this idea from Carlin, pride should be reserved for things one accomplishes, rather than the lottery of where one was born.

Ive been to a lot of countries, and all over the US. We got it pretty cushy here. I aint complaning.

Lastly, I think its important to realize youre gonna meet your people by doing the things you like and support. Cool peeps are out there.
Good luck convincing me or him to be patriotic homie.
I don't think either of us care about hippies in gardens or weirdos with beards.

D

Deleted member 26656

I deleted myself

I mean, with respect, I'm glad you like that at least some of us are happy.

MFB

Wise Sage
Good luck convincing me or him to be patriotic homie.
I don't think either of us care about hippies in gardens or weirdos with beards.

Patriotic = national pride. I stated I have none. So no interest in convincing anyone to be patriotic.

And maybe the fact you dont care about interesting ppl doing interesting things is a main part of you thinking american culture sucks.🤷

D

Deleted member 26656

I deleted myself
Patriotic = national pride. I stated I have none. So no interest in convincing anyone to be patriotic.

And maybe the fact you dont care about interesting ppl doing interesting things is a main part of you thinking american culture sucks.🤷
Probably

andybdirty

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
My introduction really turned into just a long rant on what has happened to me lately and what I would like to happen.

It's really nice that I've found a place online where people actually read what I have to say and have an opinion about it.
When I posted about a year or so ago in Ypsilanti, I was so desperate and in such a darker place than I am now. It's weird how people are more willing to talk to you when you are happier and need the attention less.
Felon is just a label and I won't let my citizenship and local cultures hold me back. There's certainly a difference between Detroit, Maryland, and where I am now now in Connecticut. It's not that Maryland is bad, I just don't fit in there and don't like the people there. I've been restless before but now I am legitimately looking for better places. I'm not moving just to escape. I'm moving to find what works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $60.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $60.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $60.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.