Looking for a Family

Reaction score
My name is Greg, I'm 35 years old. A few months ago I sold most of my belongings and packed what I had left in the back of my 4runner, left Indiana for Naples, Florida. I got a job, bought a sailboat to live aboard as this was my dream. Well it's been fun but, I think it's time for something else. I thought about going to the keys but, I don't know how to sail and my engine is being rebuilt. Anyone know how to sail? Anyone want to go on an adventure? If not, does anyone want a travel partner? I want to go to the Gathering in Ocala and I'd like to maybe check out slab city. I want to wander for a while. Maybe I'll figure out what I'm looking for.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
sailing would be the shit...I have not a single goddamn clue about it though lol

Durp

Reaction score
Read the Complete Sailor by David Seidman, then find an old salt that will teach you the ropes for a day out with beer. The best way to sail is when the engine is broke, then your ass is on the line so you are less likely to be tempted to pansy out and hit the starter. The first 3 or 4 times could be scary, but you never will learn unless you just go for it. Good luck! It will just click and fall into place once you get it, then after practice it becomes second nature like driving a car.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads