Lookin for a female pitbull pup | Squat the Planet

Lookin for a female pitbull pup

croc

Reaction score
Hey yall, lookin for a female pitbull pup. 9 months or younger, younger being preferable. If they're a mix, then I'm open to mixes with smaller breeds than pits (don't wanna be having to get a huge dog on and off trains, which is also my reasoning for wanting a female). And the reason I want a pit is they're my favorite breed, I love their temperament.

I'm currently on the west coast so that region would be preferable BUT if u know someone with a pup meeting that criteria a few states in from the coast, couldn't hurt to bring it up.

I've been having trouble finding shelters that would even consider letting a houseless person adopt so it seems a better route to just find other ppl who might know of some pups and keep scouring CL.

Please no vague suggestions. Just shelters you KNOW let houseless ppl adopt/don't look into living situations, or specific pups u know of.

Aaaand I understand that I have some pretty specific criteria and that it might take a while to find a baby within those guidelines but being that I lead a very specific life, I gotta be specific about what kind of dog I get and don't wanna settle.

Thanks in advance for any leads

<3 croc

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey, just a thought, but what are the requirements for the shelter to prove that you have a house? would a lease agreement work? you could download one from the internet and sign it and have someone else sign as the landlord and put any address you want and technically, that's proof of residency.

• Useful
Reactions: Daisy

croc

Reaction score
hey, just a thought, but what are the requirements for the shelter to prove that you have a house? would a lease agreement work? you could download one from the internet and sign it and have someone else sign as the landlord and put any address you want and technically, that's proof of residency.

That's a good idea! It varies kind of a lot shelter by shelter. Some just ask for an address and then that's it, some will do a physical home check to make sure u have a fenced in yard, some want proof of landlord approving dogs.
Since in a lot (all?) of states u can quickly check online who owns a property, I wonder if any would do that?

What's been the kicker on a lot of shelters I've looked at cross country is they're extra strict on who adopts puppies and are much more flexible with the dogs that have been there for years.
Another thing I've struggled with is how shelters are "meet dogs by appointment only" bc of covid and the puppies they have available get scooped up almost same day they're posted. Everyone wants a dog rn bc they're short sighted and out of work. And when jobs go back to more normal, they're all gonna dump their dogs off in shelters again "I just don't have the time for them :'(((" but meanwhile they're adopting all the young puppies I could be giving a life long home. Then gonna dump em off later. Sorry, different rant I guess. It's just been really hard trynna find a shelter puppy.

But I'm looking at a 8 month old girl today (traveled 5 crew changes for her so hopefully it works out). If I don't get her, then I'll be consentrating my searches to one area n staying there and the lease idea might work as long as I put the real landlord's name but maybe a fake phone #?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
as long as I put the real landlord's name but maybe a fake phone #?

yeah i would put a fake # and landlord, but if you want to go the extra mile and do research on the address to see who the landlord is, it certainly couldn't hurt.

some want proof of landlord approving dogs.

most lease agreement forms have a section either allowing or disallowing pets, and a blank to fill in for how much the pet deposit fee is, so if you put something there, i guess that's implied permission to have a pet on the property?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: croc

croc

Reaction score
Got a pup! Feel free to close or delete this thread

Omightydarkone

Reaction score
Shes about 35 lbs soaking wet

Attachments

• 16048262521236554369426602214084.jpg
    16048262521236554369426602214084.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 223

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads