Longtime lurker, first time poster (1 Viewer)

Kawika

Hi all I'm kawika, finally made an account after an embarrassing amount of time lurking. What kept me coming back to stp is the overwhelming sense of community and dedication to a wealth of information that has absolutely saved my life.

Right now I'm waiting on a summer job in yellow Stone natlpark to start(may11)! I'm so stoked because I've only been to: Oahu, Hawaii. Southern California, and Las Vegas. I'm planning to work my way through all of the states eventually.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Glad to gear you like the site. I've spent some time in Yellowstone myself. Dont be surprised at the lack of responses to your intro thread. It's just that we get so many it's kinda hard to keep up on.

What are you doing in Yellowstone? Xanterra, NPS?

OP
Kawika

Kawika

Glad to gear you like the site. I've spent some time in Yellowstone myself. Dont be surprised at the lack of responses to your intro thread. It's just that we get so many it's kinda hard to keep up on.

What are you doing in Yellowstone? Xanterra, NPS?
Ok definitely looks like you get flooded with new intros, xanterra housekeeping right at the center of the park!

OP
Kawika

Kawika

I don't drink, and it's only for a couple of months, I need the cash so I'll do whatever I need to in order to stick it out. Thanks

nivoldoog

Wanderer
I don't drink, and it's only for a couple of months, I need the cash so I'll do whatever I need to in order to stick it out. Thanks
It matters not if you drink or not. Its the number 1 night for the whole area to get together. Great for networking specifically when xanterra fires you for little to no reason and you need a job in gardiner. But this also depends what part of Yellowstone. I was north side.

OP
Kawika

Kawika

It matters not if you drink or not. Its the number 1 night for the whole area to get together. Great for networking specifically when xanterra fires you for little to no reason and you need a job in gardiner. But this also depends what part of Yellowstone. I was north side.
Oh right on thanks for the heads up, right in the middle of the park.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Kilimanila