longlost old punk, been a few years | Squat the Planet

longlost old punk, been a few years

RavenOnTheNethervoid

Reaction score
looking for john / drunkrock (or news on wellbeing). chicago. northern cali. some midwest state. dark hair. ink. maybe a van.
5 1/2 to 6 feet ish. drank. smoked. musician.
(this info is crusty stale).

i feel like I'm recruiting for a lineup or something. not the best feel. anyway, I'm holding some info, hoping to get by with little as possible. if you know someone fitting, feel free to run me by them (there's not much here it seems, but I've been known from less).

thanks for reading, helping out.
sorry i didn't paint a renoir.
may you always keep yours well.
peace.

D

Deleted member 29963

I knew Drunk Rock when the South Side Punk House was still going on West 67th Place, in Chicago. Haven't seen him since 2003, but I might be able to put you in touch with someone who can get a hold of him.

RavenOnTheNethervoid

Reaction score
I'm looking for a John too. < Check the link. Wonder if it's the same cat?
wow.

I'm glad you made it.

thanks for being here.

you really showed strength, determination, and ingenuity during what i would imagine was an excruciatingly painful and harrowing time. i hope you've healed well, and that life has since thrown you at least a few whatever is your personal equivalent of 'a mansion and a yacht'. i genuinely hope you find the man you're looking for. your description is one of a person with character -- stand-up, and all that. I'd consider myself honored to meet / know such a person. I'm rather in awe of you, right now, as well.

from one wordsome pen to another, if i may (when I'm not being frustratingly vague on the internet, I'm weaving tapestries or treading soapbox -- or at least i used to, when my stories were more detail than dust and i could find a willing audience): please don't ever feel stifled by the terseness of others or the seeming microscopic collective attention span of any era or area of society. the fewer people saying decent words, the more need for those who do, in general. especially when they tell a coherent, interesting, informative tale.

didn't have the chance to check out your story's links, yet. look forward to, when i can. it might be a trifle, but for whatever reason, the 'like' reactions weren't working for me, so maybe I'll get around to that some day.

as for whether or not the two might be the same one, hard for me to say. at least some info seems to match, but i suspect that'll happen with just about anybody. i really don't have specific locations for my John at that time, which might be the way to know. others might be better resuméd to speak to his character; in my experience, and in my book, he's one of the better I've had the fortune to meet.

when i find the one I'm looking for (Universe willing), i intend to run this by him. and I'll be on the lookout for any other valiant cats fitting your bill. please feel free to keep up with this thread whenever you feel, in case anything clicks for your search.

damn, what a story. glad you made it. hope you find John.

~peace~

RavenOnTheNethervoid

Reaction score
I knew Drunk Rock when the South Side Punk House was still going on West 67th Place, in Chicago. Haven't seen him since 2003, but I might be able to put you in touch with someone who can get a hold of him.
brewery, rabbi -- or, as the we-the-not-the-phone-keyboard folks were trying to say: hey, thanks for reading and giving a thought to my thread here. (autospell, btw). [i find it incredibly, emphatically cool that there seems to be a wall of decent blues emanating around where I'm laying, with toes I've forgotten were cold, typing this offline to have it ready for that moment of wifi when it comes]. i think i lost track of DR when he was on the coast, but I've known him to be Southside. not sure what the places were all called or what roads they were on, etc.. Curious what happened to the house. I'm not completely sure that's the one I've been to, but either way, it sucks when some kind of sanctuary, refuge, or resource goes the way of the banded Trinity.

i haven't gotten around to setting up a new email (the one i used to register here screams daily that it's full), so it would be amazingly convenient if your connection were online on this site, and wouldn't mind jumping into a thread or throwing a message my way. obviously, it's my ask, so if they'd prefer a haiku on paper snowflake, I'd work on getting that sent out for them.

i really appreciate your help, whether or not the DRs we know are the same. hope you find whomever you might be looking for (or never misplace them to start).

~peace~

Reactions: Barf
D

Deleted member 29963

brewery, rabbi -- or, as the we-the-not-the-phone-keyboard folks were trying to say: hey, thanks for reading and giving a thought to my thread here. (autospell, btw). [i find it incredibly, emphatically cool that there seems to be a wall of decent blues emanating around where I'm laying, with toes I've forgotten were cold, typing this offline to have it ready for that moment of wifi when it comes]. i think i lost track of DR when he was on the coast, but I've known him to be Southside. not sure what the places were all called or what roads they were on, etc.. Curious what happened to the house. I'm not completely sure that's the one I've been to, but either way, it sucks when some kind of sanctuary, refuge, or resource goes the way of the banded Trinity.

i haven't gotten around to setting up a new email (the one i used to register here screams daily that it's full), so it would be amazingly convenient if your connection were online on this site, and wouldn't mind jumping into a thread or throwing a message my way. obviously, it's my ask, so if they'd prefer a haiku on paper snowflake, I'd work on getting that sent out for them.

i really appreciate your help, whether or not the DRs we know are the same. hope you find whomever you might be looking for (or never misplace them to start).

~peace~
I shared the link with the main guy from Strange Atractor. Hopefully he can get it to South Side Rich, one of the guys I knew Drunk Rock through. Hard to imagine there are two tall Drunk Rocks, really named John from Chicago. He's probably 50 now? First person I met with face tattoos back in the day. I'm sure I can think of more, but I already put the word out, so good luck on a reconnect.

RavenOnTheNethervoid

Reaction score
thanks. really appreciate your help, and that of your connections. when you put it as you have, odds sound slim for clones. based on recent past experience though, i didn't know what to think -- when I'd put out a few feelers online (other sites), I'd been flagged, taken down, sent strange email insisting i was slinging / soliciting sex and drugs and who knows what else -- even when i stressed i was looking for a real person. :🤷: i thought maybe there was a whole book of lingo & registry of same-names that i wasn't hip to. good to see it isn't that.

offtopic, if you don't mind my curiosity, when i saw your location as Arizona, i wondered if you might have been Phoenix way in time to catch the Heart. used to know a cat or two. I'm not looking for anyone there right now. just curious.

I'm currently without my castle and all its refined accoutrements, but if there's anything i can help you with, please let me know.

~

D

Deleted member 29963

You're very welcome, hopefully you two reconnect. That's weird about the other sites!

I've spent a lot of time in Tucson and Flagstaff, but very little in Phoenix. There was a punk house turned Infoshop circa 2011 that I spent some time at, but by 2012 it was back to being just a house, Left Over House. But I have known sort of a lot of people from Maricopa County, just usually kicked it with them elsewhere.

RavenOnTheNethervoid

Reaction score
It's like a post-versary here for me. a few days late, but time waits. Or at least tom does. My original ask is flaky. Why not add some filling.. At the time, with whatever i was going through, and all the unrest and fires and plague, oh my, it really didn't help that i had a pretty unsettling dream about DrunkRock (John) when i was already concerned for several of my favourite humans, him included. It's too cold to be graceful with braided lines of gold woven through this thread -- i'm amazed every time i tap a word legibly, and am possibly maybe considering starting to think about wearing gloves soon -- but i felt i should revisit this concept (especially since losing contact with my best lead and new sort-of-friend, deleted member). Expectations of a better description will leave you poorly disappointed. He's timeless and ancient and stands a man tall. He weighs whatever is on his mind, which is about as much as the conversation calls for, and dollar more for the keep. a decent idea i couldn't finish well enough at the time. He's a great badass character from a film / series / classic anime, whose more burgeoned past episodes would kick mainstory tail were they not lost to the vat of the sands and the dust and the cobwebs and rust of the analogue universe in a pre-digital time, or had they been produced at all. His face was never quite clean, smudged with the traces of remnant built character. He was honest. Real honest. The stand up kind of guy who would stand his ground and stand hard, until (rarely) slamming down bottle loaded like an anarchic molotov convening with gravity for a sitdown, maybe in consideration of physics changing its ways. . . the dwindling red bar of electric phone elixir spares you all from any more of these ill-literately worded machinations for the now. be warned, though, the longer i have to look, the longer these posts may become. if you see the f*n punk, tell him to say hey sometime. take good care of him. I owe him a bit of good looking out. and a (vegan) bite or two. peace.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads