Long shot: My brother passed in 2007, "Danny Boy (Falla)" in Elk River, MN from a train accident...was hobo'ing it, riding the rails before he passed. | Squat the Planet

Long shot: My brother passed in 2007, "Danny Boy (Falla)" in Elk River, MN from a train accident...was hobo'ing it, riding the rails before he passed.

PunkRockForever1981

Reaction score
I am Danny's sister, Linda. I am looking just for some stories or better yet, pictures of Danny. I have two children now and I don't have tons of pictures, stories, etc. to pass along to my children about him, but I do have some. He was born in 1984, passing away at 23 years of age on the train tracks at Elk River, MN. He was originally from ND, but moved to the Twin Cities as a pre-teen. He was in a band briefly with some friends called The Scamps in Minneapolis, MN, though before he passed, they had not released any material and I'm not sure if they had. Danny had an ex-girlfriend named Emily. I'm providing these details so that I may get in touch with folks who may have some stories or pictures they can pass onto me (if not digitized, I will pay for shipping), so that I can make a memory book for my children. Pardon me for the blurry picture, but here's a picture of him many years ago. Hope it helps. September 23, 1984 to October 6, 2007. I would love to make some sort of memory book for myself and for my children as they never were able to get to know this amazing person. Anyone in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area or elsewhere in the States, I would sure love a nudge from you. Thanks for any and all help. Take care.

Attachments

• Danny.jpg
    Danny.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 415
  • danny boy.jpg
    danny boy.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 397
  • Danny at Bridge.jpg
    Danny at Bridge.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 464

Daisy

Reaction score
I'm really sorry for your lose, I couldn't imagine. I hope you the best of luck on putting that scrapbook together.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Try the latfo community. They're really good about this kinda picture round up thing.

latfo hasn't been a thing for years and years now. dude lost the password for the tumblr site and just stopped doing it. looks like he tried to start a reddit (makes sense) but it hasn't had a post in years (well, one).

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
latfo hasn't been a thing for years and years now. dude lost the password for the tumblr site and just stopped doing it. looks like he tried to start a reddit (makes sense) but it hasn't had a post in years (well, one).
For sure when I did a quick search the results I got were it kinda existing nebulously through people using hashtags. so if she might contact that community that way. that's kinda what I meant in my original post. (Should a been more descriptive, my bad)
I seems I remember hearing that awhile back now that you mention it.

Peatree

Reaction score
I am Danny's sister, Linda. I am looking just for some stories or better yet, pictures of Danny. I have two children now and I don't have tons of pictures, stories, etc. to pass along to my children about him, but I do have some. He was born in 1984, passing away at 23 years of age on the train tracks at Elk River, MN. He was originally from ND, but moved to the Twin Cities as a pre-teen. He was in a band briefly with some friends called The Scamps in Minneapolis, MN, though before he passed, they had not released any material and I'm not sure if they had. Danny had an ex-girlfriend named Emily. I'm providing these details so that I may get in touch with folks who may have some stories or pictures they can pass onto me (if not digitized, I will pay for shipping), so that I can make a memory book for my children. Pardon me for the blurry picture, but here's a picture of him many years ago. Hope it helps. September 23, 1984 to October 6, 2007. I would love to make some sort of memory book for myself and for my children as they never were able to get to know this amazing person. Anyone in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area or elsewhere in the States, I would sure love a nudge from you. Thanks for any and all help. Take care.
I could probably help

Dreamscape

Reaction score
Hi Linda,
I know this is three years from when you posted this, but I am heartbroken to hear this. I went to high school (Open School) with Dan and remember him being in The Scamps (with Ted Howard). He was a beautiful human being and I am so sorry for your loss. I am so sorry, I don't have any photos of him (aside from a yearbook or two, which can verify my identity too), but if you'd like to get in touch with me, I'm happy to connect with you. Lots of love your way.
Liz H.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads