Limbo

Caitlin

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm Katie from Atlanta. I dropped out of college last year, infuriated at the corner I had unknowingly allowed myself to be backed into. I left school, my house, and most of my belongings and moved back in with my parents for a couple months while I prepared to leave the nest entirely and go live in the wilderness. After a couple of months, I left my parents house and walked off the job and squatted around town, made an awful excursion to Savannah and Statesboro (goddamned blind passion!), lived in Houston for a short period of time, saw New Orleans, poked around my birthplace in Florida for a week or so, and then ended up back here in Atlanta to be with my family, which has been punched in the face by the recession. We lost our house today and I remembered this site an old friend had recommended to me a while back. I'm not exactly sure what the plan is just yet for me and my thug-kitten, Nixie, but it's only a matter of weeks before the foreclosure proceedings begin and we are mobile again-- didn't think it would happen again so soon, but it's what I know and it's clearly supposed to be what I'm doing. When it's time to stabilize it will be evident and workable, not a struggle to stay afloat. Looking for some community in my fellow mobile humans.

E

Earth

well, if you didn't think it would happen so soon - then maybe it's not what you are supposed to be doing.

It's nice to have a home (mine happens to be in a recording studio/gallery) which is probably why you kept going back to yours.
I knew a preson who used to do the same thing, dift around - get into these terrible situations - only to eventually return back home only to leave...
Funny, she was the one to who turned me on to STP
Feel bad for her, and hope she's ok.

That sucks that your family are being foreclosed upon.,
I'm treading water myself and for the very first time I am not looking forwards to another long cold winter here in New England, especially if un-employed....

If you like, you can track me down here and lay on me anything you need to talk about.
While the most I can possibly offer right now is a sympathetic ear and possibly some advice, sometimes having someone to simply bounce ideas off of is all you need.
Hope things work out for you :)
PS: The community here today seems way better than it was this time last year

Kidzapp

Reaction score
Website
www.tallapoosabound.com
Hey y'all, I'm Katie from Atlanta. I dropped out of college last year, infuriated at the corner I had unknowingly allowed myself to be backed into. I left school, my house, and most of my belongings and moved back in with my parents for a couple months while I prepared to leave the nest entirely and go live in the wilderness. After a couple of months, I left my parents house and walked off the job and squatted around town, made an awful excursion to Savannah and Statesboro (goddamned blind passion!), lived in Houston for a short period of time, saw New Orleans, poked around my birthplace in Florida for a week or so, and then ended up back here in Atlanta to be with my family, which has been punched in the face by the recession. We lost our house today and I remembered this site an old friend had recommended to me a while back. I'm not exactly sure what the plan is just yet for me and my thug-kitten, Nixie, but it's only a matter of weeks before the foreclosure proceedings begin and we are mobile again-- didn't think it would happen again so soon, but it's what I know and it's clearly supposed to be what I'm doing. When it's time to stabilize it will be evident and workable, not a struggle to stay afloat. Looking for some community in my fellow mobile humans.
Im in Atlanta. I am working now but plan to be traveling again soon. Let me know if you are still in ATL. Its always good to have friends in any city.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads