Lifelong traveler stuck in Boise for now

LoisLane23

Reaction score
What's up, y'all? I'm Leah. Glad to be here among my people. After wandering the U.S. for much of my adult life, I'm currently in Boise, Idaho, trying to figure out my next move. Unfortunately, I'm also without a vehicle right now, so travel is a bit difficult. I've been looking for housing here in Boise for the last 2 months with no luck, and am starting to feel like the Universe needs me elsewhere.

I have 2 teenage sons, one of whom is about to head to Indiana for the summer, possibly longer. The other loves Boise and wants to stay. I don't share his sentiment. If I was on my own, I'd head to my favorite city of New Orleans, where we lived for several years. But it's not really the greatest place to raise a kid, and summertime is brutal in NOLA anyway. Considering either doing a partial PCT hike this summer or going to Rainbow nationals (haven't done Rainbow since NM 2009), but those are still just ideas.

I make a decent income as a freelance writer, which is a great gig as I can do it from anywhere. I make enough to afford the hotels we've been staying in, at least.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Love ya fam.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey, welcome to the site. i'm a few hours away from you in walla walla! i'm looking for someone to go down the coast with me but that won't be until the end of august unfortunately. let me know if you happen to swing through here though!

Reactions: LoisLane23

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Whoa!!! I'm in boise right now!!! What's your 20?

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Cant help you out with housing or a direction but certainly would be down to shoot the shit.

D

Deleted member 24782

I live in Winnemucca, we share the same Craigslist! Got any links to writing work your interested in sharing, no problem if you dont want to.

WanderingBear

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I am curious what kind of freelance writing you're doing? I freelance technical writing (SOPs, employee handbooks, product manuals, etc.) when I can get contracts, and write fiction as well but still working on the first novel.

Reactions: Koala

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads