letter boxing | Squat the Planet

letter boxing

paterdot

Reaction score
Just learned something new and awesome. Look up letterboxing.org. coolest shizz ever.

Definitely gonna get into this

http://www.letterboxing.org/

Letterboxing is an intriguing “treasure hunt” style outdoor activity. Letterboxers hide small, weatherproof boxes in publicly-accessible places (like parks) and post clues to finding the box online on one of several Web sites. However, clues to finding some of the most highly-sought boxes are passed around by word of mouth.

There are about 90,000 active letterboxes hidden in North America alone. Individual letterboxes usually contain a log book, an often hand-carved rubber stamp and occasionally contain an ink pad. Finders make an imprint of the letterbox’s stamp on their personal log book, and leave an imprint of their personal stamp on the letterbox’s logbook.

letterbox-monster-stamp-JB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

paterdot

Reaction score
It Is. Just a bit older, as back in the day, GPS didn't exist haha. I was just on one of the Appalachian trails and found three. The first one I was like, well what's this ? Had no clue. Then I found two more, one of them was in a cute tin box with the letterbox link and curious me checked that out on the spot. Fascinating really.

paterdot

Reaction score
Oh bluebadgerblue that's so exciting <3 once I'm off the road imma make my own stamp and start mine. I already have six stamps on my notebook . helps with journalling as well !

Reactions: todd

todd

Reaction score
so you just found them or what? you heard about looking for them?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads