Lets get this started. | Squat the Planet

Lets get this started.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm looking for all the freight hopping info I can get my hands on.
There is a Train Hopping Forum on this site. I also Highly recommend to read Matt Derrick's book: The Anarchist's Guide to Travel. And The Hobo Handbook A Field Guide to Living by Your Own Rules by Josh Mack he mentions STP in his book. Available on Amazon. GOOD LUCK!

BlakeJ

Reaction score
There is a Train Hopping Forum on this site. I also Highly recommend to read Matt Derrick's book: The Anarchist's Guide to Travel. And The Hobo Handbook A Field Guide to Living by Your Own Rules by Josh Mack he mentions STP in his book. Available on Amazon. GOOD LUCK!

Nice, I'll check those out. Also would know of how to find an updated railroad atlas?

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nice, I'll check those out. Also would know of how to find an updated railroad atlas?
You may try Amazon or possible online websites. I'm sure someone on STP may have more answers than I do!

Reactions: Pdog
D

deleted17310

If you're looking to learn about traveling and especially riding because it's kind of a closed mouth group it's helpful if you tell us a little bit about yourself and your experience and what you do know and what you'd like to know let people get to know you and then ask for some help people on this site are generally pretty informed and helpful

D

Deleted member 125

the amount of information on trains on this website, or even through a simple google search these days is enormous. the library section alone has over 100 threads with just about any thing youd wanna know. but im sure you knew that because you must of read the sticky threads before making yer post in the train hopping section.

you might want to actually introduce yerself before jumping straight into asking people for information like that. like @dontpanic said you get back what you put into this website and personally im not interested in giving out more info to a complete stranger then whats already easily available here or elsewhere..

welcome to stp.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ya man, there is an updated US train atlas on here if you search for it. As well as all of the info (minus railfan sites and personal experience) that I needed to get out there for my first few times on my own.

May I also suggest Duffy Littlejohns book, Hopping Freight Trains In America?

Just get through the searching, and you will find all ya need. Good luck out there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads