Leaving the cubicle for good...

up2eleven

Reaction score
Back in the early 90's I did the road hippie thing for a few years, went to some national Gatherings and a couple of regionals. Decided to try to live the "normal" corporate life and have been progressively miserable. I am done with it and as soon as my lease is up in June, I am hitting the road for good.

I'm sure a lot has changed since I was last on the road, so I'm here to learn what I can and re-learn what I forgot.

E

Earth

My friend Andrea had the same kind of epifinay as you are, and at age 30 threw out all her sexy corporate pants suits / etc... and decided that she would sing for her suppers and live a simple life.
That was easily 5 years ago, and today she's got a family and is still (last I heard) out and about here in New England, living her life the way she wants.
Gotta Love that!!
Good Luck Bro.................

up2eleven

Reaction score
Thank you, man! I'm 42, and a bit worried. I'm just glad I have my previous experiences so that I have some idea of what to expect.

dolittle

Reaction score
I'm kinda the same way. I've worked steady since I was tall enough to reach the counter in my parents gas station. But in my yunger years, when I got bored, I'd quit my job & hike to a new place. Even spent a few summers traveling in covered wagons.
The last 6 I've been a trucker. Now I'm making plans & getting it togeather to retire this spring. Going to hit the road in the biggest 4cyl I can find & go see all the things I've had to drive past in the big rig. When I've got it all togeather, I'll get on here & see if I can find a travel companion or five. But I want to have things ready to go b4 I look for that. My reason for this is simple. I'm getting older & my health is going down. I don't want to give what's leaft of my good years to a company that could care less. See U on the road.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads