Knives/Scissor/Sanya Renault/Mistress

SiCK cada

Reaction score
I was recently able to find some more information on the slab city murder of my friend, Poe Black. I can share the article this is from upon request, but I don't want to share it completely because there is some misgendering and dead naming that I have fixed in the screenshots.

If you see this woman, please be careful. Not only because, ya know, she could be a murderer, but also because she has been violent and erratic to people around her on multiple occasions.

I would also warn about Cecil, but I do not know enough about that person, personally, other than that possibly he left with Knives around the same time and what other people said about his treatment of Poe. I interacted with Knives a lot while I was in slab city and feel like those interactions alone could warrant a post like this, but this on top definitely needs a place here.

0027EA8C-D6EE-405D-B611-0BBD6E5C726C.png
3F081453-2D31-4E4F-BB21-D62970CA9C5A.jpeg
FD41A1C7-F8FB-4B14-8A07-50D2EC89D765.jpeg
D120A026-6F98-4EB7-B35E-A2E7EA9DD896.png
2C4ADA89-E897-4AE0-951B-4EAA7713D43F.jpeg
E1D59F4A-524E-4669-B185-4CD1C46A4EBA.png

EEF5CF67-1CB7-49E8-8D88-417681C28863.jpeg

Attachments

• F8E579D7-D7A8-4C86-A2CC-DAF9456AC3A3.jpeg
    F8E579D7-D7A8-4C86-A2CC-DAF9456AC3A3.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 267

ElderGreen9

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this. I met Poe in Slab City last season as well and have been following this case.

If anyone has info on Knives and doesn't want to contact the police, I know many people connected to this case that can convey this information on their behalf.

FYI the information about Poe's partner, Cecil, leaving Slabs w/ Knives and traveling with her is 100% false. This was either mis-reported by the reporter or bad communication in the Sherrif's dept. Cecil identified the body long after Knives left Slab City.

Jerrell

Reaction score
Poe was my friend and campmate. He was a beautiful energy. He is missed by all of us.
I've been back at camp this week and have teared up a few times remembering a conversation here or smile in passing there.

I'll echo @ElderGreen9 .

If anyone doesn't want to interact with the investigators, feel free to send info to me.

And if anyone is holding information, but think you are saying fuck cops. You're actually saying fuck Poe/Legion. Someone was murdered. Knives is the top suspect for the police now. She has been all along for those of us closest to what happened.
I wish there was a better system in place. I don't like the idea of a trans POC woman in the crosshairs of cops, but I've been on the inside. I know facts vs rumors.
She's dangerous. I know of violent acts she's committed in multiple states. I know she fired a shot out of paranoia in our camp at night with other campmates and animals around.

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Damn me, but the mug looks like a roaddog I've had travelling with me in my van for a bit about six years ago named Carlos who's from NJ/NY originally. Not claiming thats them but the face is real similar 😲

• Epic
Reactions: ElderGreen9

townes

Reaction score
Website
www.thisartworkdoesnotexist.com
I imagine that the suspect, if they had any sense at all, has since moved from Oregon, altered their appearance, and isn’t doing a lot of interacting with anyone they consider to be connected to the community.

But they will get comfortable and stick their head out too far, eventually. Can’t run forever.

A bit of advice to anyone just starting out and hitting the road- If anyone ever introduces themselves to you as ‘Knives,’ get as far away from that person as possible.

That goes for ‘Killer,’ ‘Dead Body,’ ‘Satan,’ etc etc.

rickbumchez

Reaction score
any updates on this? has knives ever been caught, had any recent sight
Apparently she spoke to detectives sometime last winter and they didn't come back around to ask her anymore questions. She also reached out to a bunch of people who were involved or around at the time saying she was willing to co-operate with the investigation and offered "leads" about who she thought might've killed Poe. According to someone in Cornelius Vango's discord she posted a rant there about being slandered and being willing to help but was blocked.

Opossum

Reaction score
Apparently she spoke to detectives sometime last winter and they didn't come back around to ask her anymore questions. She also reached out to a bunch of people who were involved or around at the time saying she was willing to co-operate with the investigation and offered "leads" about who she thought might've killed Poe. According to someone in Cornelius Vango's discord she posted a rant there about being slandered and being willing to help but was blocked.

Where'd ya get all this info? I know people who were close to Poe who'd really appreciate hearing this stuff and knowing a lot more.

rickbumchez

Reaction score
Where'd ya get all this info? I know people who were close to Poe who'd really appreciate hearing this stuff and knowing a lot more.

Someone (who wants to remain anonymous) snagged screenshots of her posts in Cornelius' discord. As for her discussion with the police from what I'm seeing some people in TN heard about the case and reached* out to the police about her.

Edit: I'm not trying to step on any toes, but it seems like (this is mainly hearsay apart from Corn's discord and some posts that have circulated) Corn and a few other people who were adamant about trying to find her or get in touch with her aren't willing to follow up and refusing to talk to her, even if it means finding out what happened to Poe.

She's also claiming herself and people close to her have been either attacked or stalked, and there's been a case of someone being attacked because of mistaken identity.

Don't get me wrong, Knives seems like a really unstable and potentially dangerous person.. But also all of the threads and videos I've seen about her and Poe's case including this one look really really bad. It just seems like there were so many better ways to handle this and people are going with whatever will escalate* the situation the most.

If she did do it then I hope she -burns- personally, and you could almost argue all of the damage widely publicized manhunts like this do against trans/mentally ill people was worth it. But if she didn't, then like, y i k e s.

With everything going on in the country right now, this all just seems really off.

I have a bunch of trans friends who are getting trolled or harassed about being serial killers or creeps over nothing and stunts like this don't help.

If people had direct ways to contact her all along and are now refusing to talk to her about it then it just seems like, really shady*, and really reckless to endanger all of the queers that remotely look like her over one bad apple.

Like multiple people thought this person was her and were posting comments like "I think i found HIM, im mean 'her' lololol" and I just

Idk, the way this was handled just screams a lot of -isms and also seems disrespectful to Poe, like a sweet dunk and prolonged harassment against one shitty marginalized person doesn't seem worth potentially botching a murder investigation of another, or adding more fuel to the fire that's passing laws in like over a dozen states to mandate trans people out of existence.

Last edited:

Jerrell

Reaction score
@rickbumchez

I understand your emotions. The political firestorm of hate has us all in the trans and LGBTQIA community feeling attacked. It's fruatrating and hurts.

I see you showing up to have a voice after the fact and I'm wondering if you knew Poe or were close to him?

I was involved early and interacting with the people working with the dectectives. The people I was working with did our best to make sure only facts, not hearsay, have been presented.
We did our best to counteract bungled news reports, the Slab City rumor mill, family, and whoever else not even related to any of it trying to chime in with misinformation.

I faded from the case personally after nothing new had emerged after a long time.

If you would like, I can put you in contact with Chris, the person that was spearheading keeping the investigation going and invested his own resources as we searched for Knives.

Please pass on any new information you have.

Thank you

Opossum

Reaction score
Yes, please pass on any info. I don't appreciate your suggestion that actively wanting and searching for justice for a murdered trans POC will "add fuel" to trans hate, or just the general judgey tone of your post. I am sure there are people who have gone the wrong way about this, but that doesn't mean posts searching for info that could help bring Poe justice are wrong or look "really bad."
Please do your best to be as helpful as you can with this. It's obviously a very serious situation. We lost a good person. Poe deserved better, and speaking as a transperson if I was murdered ik I'd want people to try n figure out what happened n do their best to prevent it happening again.
Knives might not even be Poe's killer, but so far based on what is generally known she certainly seems to be the likeliest culprit so far. Anything new that could be learned would help a lot, including info that could prove her innocence if indeed it isn't her. I don't have it out for her, I'm just doing what I can for my friends who lost someone they really cared about.
Edit: Also, gotta add that it's weird it seems you created your account purely to comment on this post. Why is that?

Last edited:

rickbumchez

Reaction score
I met Poe and folk from his camp travelling through Cali.. sweet kid, what happened to him is so fucked.. still can't wrap my head around it tbh cuz he was so nice... heard about what happened.. was really sad and pissed and scared so i called the sheriffs department and shared the posts...

and then it turned like.. weird? like idk at some point it just felt like this was more about hating knives than getting justice for poe.. every new "knives bad" take relied less and less on evidence and more on fear or outrage.. and one of the people spearheading it is someone who is also fucking terrible that stp cancelled?? idk like

the slow descent from "this is a an important psa" into blatant transphobia and racism with bad takes all along the way is... a journey..
like i can't get over the merch on the follow up cuz of the view spike..

like if you loved poe how are you okay with someone using their death to fluff their chanel and sell merch??

poes life was really hard and isn't as important to the cops because he was a poor trans poc with mental health issues... so we should go above and beyond to make sure he gets justice... by doing all the shitty things people do to poor trans poc with mental health issues? but in a woke way?

like where's the shady person post about cecil? what do they look like? are they being held accountable in any way? are the people around them being warned so they avoid someone who beat and potentially murdered their partner?

i just lyk.. aaa

you can dm me chris's info if you want, it kinda seems like the investigation was botched by the hype-train imo

also if you had a way to contact knives directly and failed to mention that or let cecil slide with beating poe then fuck you, people close to me got harmed directly by all of this... people in my life deal with alot of bs because of bigots riding the high they get from feeling validated by campaigns like this one...

im pretty sure the anti-trans serial killer tik-tok trend was influenced by the hype from this case..

also if it turns out it wasn't her.. and she's a non murderously fucking awful marginalized person, it would take two seconds for anyone who for some reason still wants to be in her life to cut her off unless she's willing to get help, or to make it really clear she needs to get her shit together without giving bigots the satisfaction.. i don't want to run into her travelling or worry about what might happen to someone if they piss her off or she feels like she has nothing to lose..

put that bitch on farm with a xanny iv or something idk

if you can't put em down put em up on a mountain so we don't have to deal with em.

im sorry for ranting... i just don't want my friends to get killed for existing, and i don't want shitty people to use shitty people as an excuse to be shitty..

Jerrell

Reaction score
I've verified that Knives spoke with the investigators. They have her legal name and are not pursuing her at this time.

Sadly, we don't who killed Poe and we probably never will.

At this point, personally, I've heard of enough violence from Knives against others, to keep her in the shady/untrustworthy/etc thread, but the hunt is off.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads