News & Blogs - Kid Rock for senate! (Not kidding) | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Kid Rock for senate! (Not kidding)

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This one blew me away. WTF America.
With campaign slogan:

"I aint straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the trailer"

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/14/537216425/-not-a-hoax-claims-kid-rock-about-michigan-senate-bid

POLITICS
Kid Rock Says Michigan Senate Campaign Website Is 'Not A Hoax'

July 14, 20172:06 PM ET

RICK PLUTA, MICHIGAN PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK

brettneely_sq-f4b59e2803368574bcee6d0a814613ca341f3e32-s100-c85.jpg
BRETT NEELY

gettyimages-519912836_wide-69416fdded728a6c83629d4d5d86783ded1051b0-s700-c85.jpg

Kid Rock at the 2016 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony in New York City. He says he plans to run for Senate as a Republican in Michigan.

Theo Wargo/Getty Images
Kid Rock, the singer whose career has spanned rap, hard rock and country music, is fueling the speculation that he intends to announce a bid for the U.S. Senate next year to challenge incumbent Democrat Debbie Stabenow of Michigan. That is unless it's all a publicity stunt.

In a post on his personal website Thursday evening, the 46-year-old singer wrote, "Like politicians write books during their campaigns, I'm planning on putting out music during mine and IT ALL STARTS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT." On Friday, Kid Rock announced he is releasing two new songs.

The post continued, "Senator Stabenow and I do share a love of music, although probably not the same kind. I concede she is better at playing politics than I am so I'll keep doing what I do best, which is being a voice for tax paying, hardworking AMERICANS..."

Earlier this week, Kid Rock, whose legal name is Robert James Ritchie, tweeted a picture of a "Kid Rock for US Senate" sign along with what appears to be a campaign website.

Article continues after sponsorship
if they raise or spend more than $5,000.

5_sq-b7dcce71638a452dd2097726a0a91e1226272380-s700-c85.jpg

POLITICS
White House 'Boogie Chillin': Trump Hosts Ted Nugent, Kid Rock And Sarah Palin

In recent years, Kid Rock has become increasingly identified with conservative politics. Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign used his song, "Born Free" as its theme song. Earlier this year, he attended a dinner at the White House with President Trump and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

While Kid Rock's hard-living rock 'n' roll lifestyle, which includes a sex tape and assault charges, would traditionally be considered a liability for a political candidate, the success of Trump's campaign last year may encourage more unconventional candidates to run for office.

And a lot of what is adding fuel to the speculation is Trump's slim-but-surprising upset victory last year in Michigan. Republicans are hoping it's the start of a reversal of fortune in a state that typically sends Democrats to the Senate.

Stabenow, who was first elected to the Senate in 2000, is not considered one of the Senate's most endangered Democrats in 2018. In a tweet, Stabenow, who plays guitar, gently poked fun at Kid Rock's statements and vowed to "keep doing what I do best: fighting for Michigan."

Her campaign tried to capitalize on the spectacle by blasting out a fundraising email.

The subject line is: "Kid Rock... for Senate?"

"We don't know if this is for real or just a publicity stunt. But after Donald Trump's surprising win last year, we need to act fast." It then asks for a $5 online donation.

Stu Sandler, a Republican campaign consultant in Michigan, says it's not clear what Kid Rock's intentions are, but the possibility has created a buzz about the upcoming campaign.

"I really don't know, but it's kind of a fun ride. He seems to be pretty emphatic by his own language, and he's added some excitement.

"The bottom line is he's not like any traditional candidate so he can do things other people can't."

• Haha
Reactions: Testicool and Odin

lone wolf

Reaction score
we grew up in same neighborhood. i like him but nobody can make a difference through the system. the system is unrepairable.

only way to fix it is to throw it out and start over without a J-ewish controlled central bank.

lone wolf

Reaction score
we grew up in same neighborhood. i like him but nobody can make a difference through the system. the system is unrepairable.

only way to fix it is to throw it out and start over without a J-ewish controlled central bank.
you can dislike my post but to send me a warning for apparently posting hate speech is ridiculous. their is no hate in that post, only truth

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

you can dislike my post but to send me a warning for apparently posting hate speech is ridiculous. their is no hate in that post, only truth

warning issued for posting hate speech. your statement insinuates that jewish people are part of the problem, and need to be 'thrown out' which absolutely qualifies as hate speech and is not something we're interested in perpetuating in this community.

lone wolf

Reaction score
warning issued for posting hate speech. your statement insinuates that jewish people are part of the problem, and need to be 'thrown out' which absolutely qualifies as hate speech and is not something we're interested in perpetuating in this community.
fair enough... wish i knew the mods and owners world views before joining. but most people realize the government is just the middle man, the federal reserve are the rulers.
good luck, i can't participate in a community that censors the truth.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That would be kinda like saying that ISIS bases it's ideals off of Islam.

Seriously though, Israel needS to stop murdering palastinians and via verca. Sanction a fucking Palestinian state already....And I believe that Kid Rock is the person who will do it!!! Kid Rock for president!!!

He will represent the REAL forgotten america! The dudes with the 40s and the chick's with beepers!

Hopefully I have successfully changed the subject back to Kid Rock.....

dumpster harpy

Reaction score
I think the subject is now @lone wolf 's racist remark.

You seem to be implying that the forces of oppression are somehow inextricably linked with the Jews.

[edit: realized I was talking to two different people]

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads