Kickin it- seeking similarities and encouragement

AnthraxMatt

Reaction score
easiest bed made on a bus is a sheet of plywood across the back 2 seats of the bus, set across seats and aisle with two 2x4s screwed into forward seats (so plywood sheet is easily removed) and voila, use cardboard, dead puppies, whatever for padding :D

Shadowmarque

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm loving frame on those guy buses! Do you know anything about horse drawn carriages overseas, such as there cost to build (excluding the horses, of course). I think that would be something to look into for longer periods of time with international travel.

Boru

Reaction score
Hi there..

The wagons.. bow tops and open lots can vary in price.. some people have them in their gardens as a kind of play house or summer hang out..

The made ones can be thousands of euro and original ones are very hard to find.

I was thinking of making one myself as a kind of winter woodwork project but thats for another day... a more organised and industrious other day.. :)

Horses are nearly free now in Ireland.. poelpe are abandoning them because they cant afford to look after them..
To get one from an animal shelter you would have to show that you have the means and ability to look after it...

Hope this helps and good luck with the work.. means to an end and all that..

onwards

Reactions: Shadowmarque

Shadowmarque

Reaction score
Hey, this is the inside of TheGreatEscape, my bus. Keep in mind that it's a mini Ford coach and is stationary at the moment. A lot of the furniture wouldn't work on the road (unbolted down shelves, tables, etc.); but it's just enough to feel comfortable and safe. A little house. lol. I plan on adding a storage space above the bed and bolting down shelves that will fit bins (tools, camping gear, etc) as well as a 4'X6' wrought iron rack on the top as well. Let me know what you think. Oh, and that black blob in the middle of the first pic is GrogDog :eek: lol View attachment 10062
Photo on 2012-01-22 at 18.23.jpg

Attachments

• Photo on 2012-01-22 at 18.25.jpg
    Photo on 2012-01-22 at 18.25.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 258
  • Photo on 2012-01-22 at 18.25.jpg
    Photo on 2012-01-22 at 18.25.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 277

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads