kelly kettle (1 Viewer)

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Bit surprised there's nothing on here already about Kelly Kettles, maybe you're all using them anyway and it doesn't need a discussion or pointing out their existence to you :rolleyes:. I had a go on one a few weeks ago and was well impressed how quickly you can get the water boiling and with such a tiny amount of fuel.

http://www.kellykettleusa.com/ (USA)

http://www.kellykettle.com/ (UK)

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Matt Derrick

Permanent Wanderer
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
wow, that's pretty cool, i've never heard of that before. i mean, it's basically a portable rocket stove, but i've never seen rocket stoves you can pick up and take with you that easily.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Website
www.youtube.com
Very cool. I wonder if they have these at a Cabelas. I may be going this weekend.
Checks website...
>>> and yes they do.

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
they are quite expensive. They seem pretty well made and I guess if you looked after it then it would last a long time. I guess its kind of an investment piece. Something to save up for! I don't know if there is a market for them second hand, maybe on ebay?

I'm currently lusting after one of these http://www.biolitestove.com/products/biolite-kettlecharge
they cost an arm, a leg and a kidney :eek:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
StP Supporter
Very cool - put that down on my list of things to consider when traveling. I've traveled solo on bike mostly without resources and you make do ... and of course in car with friends with TOO many resources so that tent site is complicated of put up and worse, take down. Simple is betterl

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.