2023 Jamboree Jamboree Location Scouting Discussion

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2023 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
We ran a community poll in this thread to decide the dates of the Jamboree. The dates chosen were:

Sept 11th to 13th, 2023

We are now asking for suggestions for specific locations for the meetup. We're also looking for folks to scout out potential locations.

Please remember, that based on previous discussion, suggestions should be limited to the area between Ashland, Oregon to Seattle, WA to Ellensburg, WA:

2023-05-21_20-48.png

So, given that region, please drop your suggestions here and discuss which places you think would be best!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So in an awesome turn of events, I will finally be able to attend another Jambo!

My suggestions for locations are:

Bend, OR: in the Deschutes National Forest somewhere between Bend and Sunriver. Or perhaps on the Metolius River north of Sisters. Highways and trains get there.

Ashland, OR: somewhere outside of town

Dunsmuir, CA: Just because its Dunsmuir, and its an awesome place to be. Easy to get there from anywhere. (But I guess its out of the area of consideration)

Olympia, WA area: There is a bunch of forest, and access to water all around Olympia. There is also the opportunity to do side activities, like going to Vance Creek Trestle, Olympic NP, UrbEx in the southern sound, and Seattle's right there. Easy to get to.

Just throwing some ideas out there. I'm going to be traveling full time (on foot/trains) after July 1st, and headed to the PNW. I may be able to scout some spots.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Apologies for not posting this earlier, but I'm in mexico getting work done on my teeth.

My family needs me around for most of September, so ideally, the Jambo will be somewhere between issiquah and ellensburg, Washington.

We had the jambo two years ago in this area and it turned out pretty well (aside from the fact that I could not attend due to a missed flight).

This will put the jambo in proximity to Punks in the Woods so folks might want to look at attending that and hopping over to the jambo directly afterwards.

I will have access to a vehicle for scouting an exact spot and giving rides or getting supplies. The exact location will likely be announced around the 5th of September.

Due to tooth/health/financial woes, id like to organize some kind of fundraiser to help pay for anything jambo-related; this might including having a big sale in the etsy store, but I'm open to other ideas as well.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
To streamline discussion to the main announcement thread and avoid confusion, I am closing this thread. Please direct your comments and questions here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads