it's official!

D

Desert

Im off on my first trip. Im excited! Im in Nashville right now hitching my way up to Ohio, anyone is more than welcome to join me.

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
Good luck dude. It' cold out there. Safe travels.

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Beware of white hillbillies with no teeth. Usally a sign of meth problems. Mexicans have always been my best bet to hitch. Good luck, and keep your feet dry.

D

Desert

Im going to cleveland to visit a friend. Im in cincinnati right now and the cops told me to stop hitch hiking or they'll arrest me. Any suggestions?

daveycrockett

Reaction score
fuck em. jus tkeep walking till they cant see you anymore and put your thumb out, where are you a ramp? or stretch of road? go to a rest stop or a gas station and ask people are you heading my way? cant turn around now cuz youd have to hitch back just keep going most they could hold you for is overnight then drop you off out of their jurisdiction . youll be fine just keep going and try to figure out a better way to get down that stretch ...fast

daveycrockett

Reaction score
D

Deleted member 20

Start walking. Find a library & get warm, browse craigslist rideshares for possibles rides. If the cop didnt take your ID & log it in the system as most State police will do after his verbal warning than you are most likely good to go. Cops dont work 24 hour shifts & even after having my name taken while hitching on the interstate before I still didnt get arrested when hassled on the ramp the same day by other staties. Most times all cops just want you to be someone elses problem like another city,town or county. Lifes a crap shoot. Sometimes they will even give you rides to the limit of their jurisdiction (be prepared to show id & have your name ran because they will! if you get in their car; they will say its for safety). Sometimes they will arrest you, but im sure jails are gettin full up of cold mofos tryin to get warm. No offense to you kid but this stuff happens all the time, thats why young kids should read & research this shit thats already written about. You look so young & how do I say this white & ya know like inexperienced that they may be able to scare you into goin home to yo mommy. Keep your head up, take stock of your situation, regroup, improvise adapt & overcome.hobo-smile

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads