Is there a national bike and rail trail atlas out there? | Squat the Planet

Is there a national bike and rail trail atlas out there?

OhioRiverTrail

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I can find state by state and some regional rail trail maps but not one big bicycle route and trail atlas for the whole US and Canada. If there is not one should somebody (perhaps me or my bike club) write one?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
By far the best one is published by the adventure cycling association. I bought their entire collection for the usa for about 70 bucks a few years ago.

Each map details the major routes around the usa (i think they have ones for Mexico and Canada too) and the maps give you elevation, dangerous shoulder warnings/locations, places to camp, get supplies, etc. Basically everything you would want to know.

Combine that with warmshowers.com and soak.net and I would imagine you'd have a pretty good time!

MilkaNoobie

Reaction score
By far the best one is published by the adventure cycling association. I bought their entire collection for the usa for about 70 bucks a few years ago.

Each map details the major routes around the usa (i think they have ones for Mexico and Canada too) and the maps give you elevation, dangerous shoulder warnings/locations, places to camp, get supplies, etc. Basically everything you would want to know.

Any chance of sharing these for broke people like me? Scan and pin to the site?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads