Irish traveller currently trying I make my way round the us

Irishfellows

Reaction score
Wanting to just say hi and get my first post out there. Missed my flight home to Ireland & have decided to travel the usa, currently making my way down the east coast from NYC (orlando fl currently) wanting to make my way over the Cali. on a very tight budget and looking for any advice on how to get about for free an cool places to check out on the way. Would love to try and hop the trains but my lack of 1st hand experience is holding me back, tips on that subject are also very much welcomed. Peaceee

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Welcome to STP and the states!! Stay the fuck out of Florida btw, try going west it's much better out here. The police and residents of Florida don't take kindly to us type of folks. Stay safe kid!

Reactions: Mustbenice

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP - and be glad you are out of the New England states with all the harsh weather.

D

Deleted member 125

theres a whole sub-forum on hopping trains thats full of useful information, but be sure to read the rules before asking specific questions about trains.

https://squattheplanet.com/faq/rules/

welcome to stp. why did you want to come all the way down south to orlando florida if you wanted to go west? orlando isnt exactly the best example of a traveler friend florida city (there are a few but orlando aint one of them).

Bedheadred

Reaction score
As far as making money on the road, if you have an instrument you can busk, if not you can fly a sign. You can work odd jobs for cash too. Good luck! In my opinion Florida kinda sucks. Definitely check out New Orleans on your way west!

• Useful
Reactions: Tude and beersalt

Irishfellows

Reaction score
What method of travel brought you from NYC to Orlando?
What method of travel brought you from NYC to Orlando?
Manage to get together for a cheap dodgy china town bus to atlanta (sketchy city) then manage to get a ride to orlando just through casual convorsation, can't afford to pay money for buses tho need to bite the bullet and give hitch hiking a go

Irishfellows

Reaction score
C
Welcome to STP and the states!! Stay the fuck out of Florida btw, try going west it's much better out here. The police and residents of Florida don't take kindly to us type of folks. Stay safe kid!
totally relate been getting strange looks and the odd few marks the past day or two, guess it's the price to pay for being free :)

• Haha
Reactions: beersalt

Irishfellows

Reaction score
Unfor
As far as making money on the road, if you have an instrument you can busk, if not you can fly a sign. You can work odd jobs for cash too. Good luck! In my opinion Florida kinda sucks. Definitely check out New Orleans on your way west!
Unfortunately I dot have my tin whistle with me but flying a sigh is always an option, New Orleans is already on the list ;) looking or some experienced travels to give me the run around

Irishfellows

Reaction score
Hey man welcome to stp, hows Florida so far? If you find yourself traveling west on i-10 threw Hammond Louisiana I got a couch. If at any point you need a place to crash somewhere be sure to check the crust surfing section

https://squattheplanet.com/crust-surfing/

They're plenty of good sources here for your tight budget.
Sick man I'll diffently hit you up if I ed up heading out that way (which I most likely will) I'll be sure to check out the form aswell!

D

deleted user

Sick man I'll diffently hit you up if I ed up heading out that way (which I most likely will) I'll be sure to check out the form aswell!

Yea man, I can get you a ride to Nola too if you need.

You could have made a killing with a tin whistle here, play 6 notes and throw a Limerick at people on the shreet, Americans are stupid, they love that shit haha

flaggit

Reaction score
Right now you can get flights from Orlando FL to San Diego CA for 65 to 85 dollars on Frontier. They charge for everything other than a daypack. I just drove it back in 2 days but flew out. Rather fly myself this time of year. And San Diego is right next to Mexico, which is a great side trip and cheap with the peso devaluation.

• Useful
Reactions: beersalt

Irishfellows

Reaction score
If your able to sort ou

You could have made a killing with a tin whistle here, play 6 notes and throw a Limerick at people on the shreet, Americans are stupid, they love that shit haha

If your able to sort out a ride to nola that would be amazing man!? Don't plan to stay on Florida too much longer pretty eager to head west. If only I new! Could maybe pick up one cheap somewhere on the way

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads