Introductions

aaylas

Reaction score
Hey there
My name is Ash
I plan to do some traveling someday, not sure when, might be spontaneous.
Right now I am working in retail saving up money for traveling, and body modifications, and my dream self-sustaining community. Don't know when I'll start that project. I want to travel first, learn as much as I can. I would like to travel to anarchist collectives, squats, and self-sustaining communties, volunteering and working together with others. Meeting new people, especially forming friendships with like-minded others. Right now I am just slowly preparing myself for the day I leave "home". Hope to see you guys out there.

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
Welcome, you'll have an amazing time once you do hit the road. You should look for Wooffing farms along the routes you plan to take.

I've been studying permacultural farming for the past year or so, going to be starting a community on a friend's land a few years down the road, so I'm basically doing the same thing you plan to. Travel around and look for teachers, their everywhere. You can learn from a corporate farm as much as you can from a suburban veggie farmer. If you're ever on the Sunshine Coast in BC, Canada there are TONS of resources and permaculture farms to check out. I've heard the anarchist collective communities down in the states are usually really awesome though, you may be on to something there.

Let me know if you ever swing up into Canada, I'll be hitching/hopping to the east coast over the summer and bombing all over the country, dipping into the states to visit some friends in Minnesota who are pretty in touch with the anarchist movement there, it'll be neat to see the southern end of things.

Stay dry and eat well, Mayhaps we'll meet on the road one day.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads