IntroDuction

Short

Reaction score
Hello. New to both the community as well as this forum obviously.

Looking to meet new people, and learn as much as I can from the more experienced.

I am 27 and currently residing in southeast PA. 4 years ago, I backpacked Spain with a buddy I met and He told me all about his train hopping adventures back in the states. Well, it took me 4 years later to finally start hopping locally and now I'm here on this board trying to find other like-minded people. My most recent ride was a DS from philly to chicago. There is a peace riding a train that I haven't felt elsewhere. For the last 6 years here, not much as worked out for me and I've always had a visceral desire to run. I'm obviously a greenhorn and have a ton more to learn, but I plan on taking a few more trips before I finally make the lifestyle plunge and get out of here for good.

Anyway, that's where I'm at. Nice to meet you all!

Short

Reaction score
Well, I plan on taking a few more trips to learn and get a better hang of it before I take the plunge. Right now I am looking at riding either to Kansas City via NS from Harrisburg or taking the juice train to Jacksonville, although I read that it no longer leaves out of phila but north jersey? Idk. I don’t have a CCG ( not asking for one btw) but I am confident about catching the right train with my scanner and online IM schedules. Even if I hop the wrong one, well that’s even more of an adventure. All I know for sure is that I love riding.

I’m glad to have finally made an account and participate on this site. Seems like a lot of interesting people here who share my interests. Haven’t found anyone IRL IN the NE

Last edited:

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Awesome, yea no matter what you ride you'll learn from it. I'm relatively new to trains too so I relate! I'm riding to Jax from Philly at the beginning of October and I hadn't heard the juice wasn't stopping there anymore, but who knows. I'm planing on riding junk outta there anyway, though. Unless a promising IM comes first... :p I'm so itching to get back out on the road!

There are tons of awesome stories, resources, and folks to meet on here - I've met a few of my best friends and road dogs on here! :) And I get to continuously meet up with other like-minded traveling folkz who i'd probably not run into otherwise.

Reactions: Short

Short

Reaction score
Awesome, yea no matter what you ride you'll learn from it. I'm relatively new to trains too so I relate! I'm riding to Jax from Philly at the beginning of October and I hadn't heard the juice wasn't stopping there anymore, but who knows. I'm planing on riding junk outta there anyway, though. Unless a promising IM comes first... :p I'm so itching to get back out on the road!

There are tons of awesome stories, resources, and folks to meet on here - I've met a few of my best friends and road dogs on here! :) And I get to continuously meet up with other like-minded traveling folkz who i'd probably not run into otherwise.

Short

Reaction score
@Koala you said earlier October you’re leaving philly for jax? That sounds like a nice ride. You obviously have a lot more knowledge and experience then I do, if wouldn’t mind an extra body I’d join ya

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads