Introduction -What Else? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 23824
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23824

I closed my account
Just want to introduce myself. I am another middle aged man - husband, father, grandfather, and wannabee freight trainrider. I will spend the next days and weeks reading all I can in the archives/library here. Brian Cray told me this would be about the best place to perhaps find a sympathetic soul to hold my hand as I find my way. I am semi-retired - we run a small cafe - and Imam not getting any younger, so it’s now or never. Please humor me.

Steve

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Wise Sage
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Aboard! You're in the right place!

Age is just a number, don't let age get to you! There's many out there around your age traveling alternatively! Get out and have fun!

There's plenty of excellent information here. I Highly recommend to read Matt Derrick's book: The Anarchist's Guide to Travel and The Hobo Handbook A Field Guide to Living by Your Own Rules by Josh Mack-available on Amazon. Good Luck!

D

Deleted member 23824

I closed my account
Thanks dor the warm welcome, looking real forward to getting to know likeminded people, and pursuing a dream. Got a plan in place already, thanks to another member. Cheers, folks

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.