Indonesian and Malaysian number plates de-coded.

makan kotoran

Reaction score
ok.. after months of info gathering............

P.s Utara is north, Selatan is south, barat is west, timor is east an tengah is central(ut, sel, bar, tim, teng(ten)). MAL stands for Malaysia, Sul stands for sulawesi, sum stands for sumatra Kal stands for kalimantan. E.G Sumut = north sumatra.

Enjoy, I know I did

A-BANTEN
B-JAKARTA
D-BANDUNG
E-CIREBON
F-BOGOR
G-PEKALONGAN
H-SEMARANG
K-KUDUS
L-SURABAYA
M-MADURA
N-MALANG
P-BESUKI
R-BANYUMAS
S-BOJONEGORO
T-KARAWANG
W-SIDOARJO
Z-TASIKMALAYA
AA-KEDU
AB-JOGJAKARTA
AD-SURAKARTA
AE-MADIUN
AG-KEDIRI
BK-SUMUT
BD-BENGKULU
BE-LAMPUNG
BG-SUMSEL
BB-TAPANULI
BH-JAMBI
BL-ACEH
BM-RIAU
BN-B.BELITUNG
DA-KALSEL
DB-MINAHASA
DD-SULSEL
DE-MAL.SELATAN
DG-MAL.UTARA
DH-MAL.TIMUR
DR-LOMBOK
DS-IRIAN
EB-FLORES
ED-SUMBA
CC-CONSUL
CD-DIPLOMAT
DK-BALI
DL-SANGIHE
TALAUD
DM-SULUT
DN-SULTENG
EA-SUMBAWA
KB-KALBAR
KT-KALTIM

p-45MMy5TH1XE82.gif

makan kotoran

Reaction score
AND here is Malaysia

In Malaysia It is less specific and done by the states and the types of services the car does. (there are also some codes for the brand of car it is for some backwards reason)

State Car Plate Prefix Example Kuala Lumpur W WRC 1234 Selangor B BJX 1234 Perak A AFT 1234 Penang P PGV 1234 Kedah K KBW 1234 Perlis R RG 1234 Kelantan D DAX 1234 Terengganu T TAM 1234 Pahang C CBV 1234 Johor J JJT 1234 Melaka M MBH 1234 Negeri Sembilan N NBU 1234 Sarawak Q QAF 1234 Sabah S SS 1234 J Others Labuan L LC 1234 Taxi H HWA 1234 Military Z ZZ 1234 Diplomats DC 11-22-DC

makan kotoran

Reaction score
wow.. shut down. I didn't really think about that... I just got wrapped up In unraveling the mysteries of the number plates, and asking all the truck drivers as my little game to keep me sane. the Malaysian ones are from a friend, I don't Know where she sourced them from...
I guess that makes this thread a waste of space,
But finding out the codes kept me amused...

Tadaa

Reaction score
ooh yeah.. its fun.. when hitchhiking in germany i always watch the carplates and see if i know the area that the car's from..

but just to let everybody know that all this information is on wiki.. for i guess all countries that use this system
just google 'car plates whatevercountry' or vehicale
or is are all the links to all countries Vehicle registration plate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

makan kotoran

Reaction score
wahh! all countries.. thanks.

Ijust had the scariest hitching experiance..
5 days from dumai (sumatra) to jakarta.
just north of where of where I was hitching there was a shooting at a cop shop. three pigs died..
so now they are cracking down hard, just after entering the province of palembang the truck I was in the back of was stopped at a road block, I was pulled from the back of the truck at gun point with a freakin semi automatic. taken into the pos polisi and interrogated, why was I here, what was I looking for, why was I hitching, why I was Alone, where I was going why could I speak Indonesin ect.
after 2 or three hours of this I they took my passport, checked my finger prints (already onfile here because of some book I had, damn......) and searched my laptop and everything else. they made the truck driver I was with pay a massive bribe so he could leave cos he didn't have a license. after deciding I wasn't a terrorist. they starting trying to pin me for having tabacco from malaaysia saying I was trying to hide grass from ache inside it. when they finished with that they started on a deck of cards I had accusing me of gambling (illegal) for some weird arse reason my saving grace was smoking indonesian cigarettes with them and showing them "magic" tricks with the cards, After they took my mug shot, I managed to get a photo with my arresting officer and the gun he was so very proud of....
kanang kanangan dari polsi Palembang.
scary shit, not what I was expecting.

makan kotoran

Reaction score
mot, jangan pakai namaku di internet cuy.
terus, kalau kamu mau ikut ayo. kami di jogja sekarang, naik kereta barang ke solo besok, ayo ikut aja,
germany adalah tai yang fasis.
kertamu lagi nanti cuy

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads