In France Summer 2023

KatesAnchor

Reaction score
Bonjour à tous, je voyage en France en juin, juillet et août et je veux rencontrer des camarades et des punks pendant que j'y suis. J'ai étudié le français à l'université et je lis régulièrement en français, mais parler est difficile pour moi. Mais c'est pour ça que je viens en France pour l'été ! Je serai à Paris en juin puis à Caen la première semaine de juillet. Je n'ai pas encore fait de plans pour le reste de juillet et août. Je viens de Seattle, j'ai 36 ans, je suis végétalien (presque 20 ans) et j'écoute une tonne de musique et je suis toujours à la recherche de nouveaux groupes et musiciens. Juniore est mon groupe français préféré, et j'adore Les Négresses Vertes & Manu Chao. Je vais certainement chercher des bars et des espaces punk, alors faites-le moi savoir! Merci!

Hello all, I'm travelling in France June, July & August and definitely want to meet up with some comrades and punks while I'm there. I studied French in college and read regularly in French, but speaking is difficult for me. But that's why I'm coming to France for the summer! I will be in Paris in June and then Caen the first week of July. I haven’t made plans for the rest of July and August yet. I'm from Seattle, I'm 36, vegan (almost 20 years) and I listen to a ton of music and am always looking for new bands and musicians. Juniore is my favourite French band, and I love Les Négresses Vertes & Manu Chao. I'll definitely be looking for punk bars & spaces, so let me know! Thanks!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i know it's a touristy thing to do, but two of my favorite things in paris was the louve and the catacombs, definitely worth checking out if you've never been.

Reactions: KatesAnchor

KatesAnchor

Reaction score
i know it's a touristy thing to do, but two of my favorite things in paris was the louve and the catacombs, definitely worth checking out if you've never been.

I'll have to google the catacombs, but yes -- certainly can't miss the Louvre. Most people I meet that have seen the Mona Lisa say it's tiny and somewhat disappointing. I can't imagine that's true.

otch0z

Reaction score
wassup bud !! moi aussi je vais être en france cet été. J'arrive le 9 juillet. Justement j'étais en train de chercher des trucs à faire... On pourra se checker voir si on pourrait se croiser si tu veux ! Dans tous les cas bon voyage :)
De mon point de vue :
fuck paris, va à marseille et toulouse à la place
le festival d'aurillac est à manquer pour rien au monde
va en teuf, c'est nécessaire pour comprendre la culture française hehe

KatesAnchor

Reaction score
wassup bud !! moi aussi je vais être en france cet été. J'arrive le 9 juillet. Justement j'étais en train de chercher des trucs à faire... On pourra se checker voir si on pourrait se croiser si tu veux ! Dans tous les cas bon voyage :)
De mon point de vue :
fuck paris, va à marseille et toulouse à la place
le festival d'aurillac est à manquer pour rien au monde
va en teuf, c'est nécessaire pour comprendre la culture française hehe

Merci! Certes je voudrais rendez-vous avec les voyageurs autres. Alors, envoyez-moi un message quand vous partez. J’ai été sur Couchsurfing aussi et je voudrais chercher rencontres de CS aussi. CS est super, mais certaines de mes valeurs n'y sont pas représentées. Je peux comprendre ‘fuck paris,’ mais , Marseille et Toulouse -- pourquoi ces deux villes en particulier? Le festival d'aurillac - whoa - vous ne plaisantez pas. Ce serait une bonne façon de terminer mon voyage.

borek921

Reaction score

How much of Europe have you seen? On a few separate posts of yours I've seen that you're planning a Eurotrip but now I see you've visited Paris. Anywhere else that you've been to and liked? I know Americans are way more into Europe than Euros are into USA, so that's interesting to me.

Ceannairc

Reaction score
The Anarchy 2023 International Anti-authoritarian Gathering is in west Switzerland soon, close to the French border - might be of interest! It's to commemorate 150 years since the St. Imier congress, which was a key moment in the devlopment of anarchism and attended by people like Bakunin, Malatesta etc. Looks like it'll be pretty huge - there's loads of cool workshops, skillshares, talks, gigs etc. FAQ | ANARCHY 2023 - https://anarchy2023.org/en

Reaction score
The Anarchy 2023 International Anti-authoritarian Gathering is in west Switzerland soon, close to the French border - might be of interest! It's to commemorate 150 years since the St. Imier congress, which was a key moment in the devlopment of anarchism and attended by people like Bakunin, Malatesta etc. Looks like it'll be pretty huge - there's loads of cool workshops, skillshares, talks, gigs etc. FAQ | ANARCHY 2023 - https://anarchy2023.org/en

that sounds so cool!! do you know if that festival will also take place in 2024?

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Ceannairc

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads