I'm thinking about going places I've never been

Jacquie

Current Location
Sacramento
I'm not really someone who spends a lot of time on forums or social media, but I'm bored and curious.

I used to pick up hitchhikers all the time, always found them to be pleasant people with interesting stories. I've been homeless a time or two in my life, but for the most part lived a rather sedentary lifestyle. I always envied tho with the courage and free spirit to go where the wind blows them.

I lived out of my car the last 3 years, did a bit of traveling when I could but mostly just worked a 9to5, made enough to keep my car and myself going. Then I lost my job, car got repoed, and been crashing at my brother's ever since.

I've had zero luck finding work, and though my brother assures me I'm not wearing out my welcome I feel restless. For the first time I'm considering joining the whole train hopping, hitchhiking crowd.

I haven't really made any decisions yet but I figured I'd say hi, maybe meet some people.

OP
Jacquie

Jacquie

Current Location
Sacramento
Welcome aboard!
Sounds like you'd have a back up plan (back to your brother's) if u don't like it, so why not?
Thanks, I don't necessarily have any actual reason not to other than I never have before and it's a bit daunting.

Reactions: 1 person

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

Bey
This week:
Roommate: "Didn't you have second thoughts when you saw that she had "trouble" tattooed on her arm? "
Me: "Well, no..."
Roommate: "How about when she said the cops were after her?!"
Me: "Well, you know...no...."
I made it all the way to Dallas! I spent my weekend in a motel for Easter, and had a pretty good time.
So I found this nice, wooded park in a safe suburb of Dallas, right? Well there’s a lot of what might be poison ivy. Okay, so I find that I’m near a bridge with a small creek near it.

Then the Hobo Gods decided my string of very good luck needed Thanos-style balance. I get my sleeping bag out, and that little shit rolls down the hill, into the river, and drifts away forever. RIP
AAAutin wrote on roughdraft's profile.
I would bow and shield my eyes in the presence of that beard's brilliance...
Barbanegra wrote on Quackery's profile.
Happy Birthday
Barbanegra wrote on Bobbas Thomas's profile.
Happy Birthday
After some serious roadblocks i am about to be on the open road again. With Charcoal of course. In my blue 96 chevy and even older box camper in search of plug ins and showers we roll. Taking a quick trip to Winnipeg, leaving Thunder bay on the 26th then down Toronto way sometime after that. Hit me up if you know youre gonna be on the way. Cheers.
don't cry baby life ain't fair
Just got a ride to Eugene. Looking likely I will spend the night there.
Dropped off at a rest stop just before Albany, OR. Hopefully I can get a longer ride before the sun goes down.
Short ride to Albany. Hopefully I get longer ones from there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
IAMaUser2