I'm Drift. | Squat the Planet

I'm Drift.

drift

Reaction score
Howdy, folks. My name is Drift, I'm 29, nonbinary, pansexual, and my pronouns are they/them. I have hitchhiked about a hundred times and lived in a few work vehicles, and I just bought a van to live in that I'm getting road ready.

Mostly I dig antique bottles from historical dumps so that's what I'll be doing on the road, although Peoria, my hometown, will still serve as a home base and market of sorts for me. I sell bottles at some drum circle and farmer's market type events and will do that on the road as well. And the occasional gig probably. I've done character mascot, acting, stand-up comedy, sign hanging, drug trials, farmhanding, detasseling (10 seasons), scrapping and dumpster diving and flipping items, busking, food service and catering, pilot car driving, delivery, all sorts of gigs and jobs and crafts and hustles to get by. I'm eager to learn more and to dig bottles all over the country, and hopefully follow Bob Dylan's next tour.

It will just be me and my cat. I'm probably in Peoria through the summer and on the road by fall. I would love to stop and meet folks while traveling. If you can tell me where an old dump is that would be awesome, or if you have access to an old property, I can probe for historical trash pits and privies and dig for bottles. If you have a big change bucket, I can buy it off you at a premium for wheat cents, silver, etc. Find a weird old bottle while exploring? I'll tell you all about it. Going on a hike or to a concert alone? I'll go with. One more thing: Did anybody here know a vandweller named Heidi who had a cat Spock? I'd love to talk with you about her. I miss her very much. Living on the road was always a dream of mine and she encouraged all of them. I hope that you all have a friend like her.

Thanks for having me.

ComradeAtlas

Comrade
Reaction score
Howdy, folks. My name is Drift, I'm 29, nonbinary, pansexual, and my pronouns are they/them. I have hitchhiked about a hundred times and lived in a few work vehicles, and I just bought a van to live in that I'm getting road ready.

Mostly I dig antique bottles from historical dumps so that's what I'll be doing on the road, although Peoria, my hometown, will still serve as a home base and market of sorts for me. I sell bottles at some drum circle and farmer's market type events and will do that on the road as well. And the occasional gig probably. I've done character mascot, acting, stand-up comedy, sign hanging, drug trials, farmhanding, detasseling (10 seasons), scrapping and dumpster diving and flipping items, busking, food service and catering, pilot car driving, delivery, all sorts of gigs and jobs and crafts and hustles to get by. I'm eager to learn more and to dig bottles all over the country, and hopefully follow Bob Dylan's next tour.

It will just be me and my cat. I'm probably in Peoria through the summer and on the road by fall. I would love to stop and meet folks while traveling. If you can tell me where an old dump is that would be awesome, or if you have access to an old property, I can probe for historical trash pits and privies and dig for bottles. If you have a big change bucket, I can buy it off you at a premium for wheat cents, silver, etc. Find a weird old bottle while exploring? I'll tell you all about it. Going on a hike or to a concert alone? I'll go with. One more thing: Did anybody here know a vandweller named Heidi who had a cat Spock? I'd love to talk with you about her. I miss her very much. Living on the road was always a dream of mine and she encouraged all of them. I hope that you all have a friend like her.

Thanks for having me.
Well met Drift. Pretty cool trade ya practice. I’m hoping to have a van road ready by December or maybe even November. Maybe we’ll meet on the road day. Either way nice to make your acquaintance ✌🏼

Reactions: drift

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads