Ignition Interlock Systems Question

Multifaceted

Reaction score
What all can be detected? Drugs? Or just alcohol?

Furthermore, is this an appropriate post on this site? I tried googling all sorts of terms like blow n go detecting drugs and ignition interlock blah blah. Couldn't find anything.

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
It's a breathalyzer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breathalyzer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignition_interlock_device

"An ignition interlock device or breath alcohol ignition interlock device (IID and BAIID) is a breathalyzer for an individual's vehicle. It requires the driver to blow into a mouthpiece on the device before starting the vehicle. If the resultant breath-alcohol concentration analyzed result is greater than the programmed blood alcohol concentration (which varies between countries), the device prevents the engine from being started."

Why do you ask?

I serously hope you're not planning on driving under the influence. That's 100% fucking retarded regardless of what you're on. A car is a 3,000lb chunk of metal zooming around on wheels. It's heavy machinery. It takes zero effort to kill somebody with a car, it takes a lot of effort and luck to not kill someone if you're under the influence. People who knowingly drive under the influence for the hell of it should drive themselves off a bridge before their stupidity kills other people.

Last edited:

Multifaceted

Reaction score
I serously hope you're not planning on driving under the influence. That's 100% fucking retarded regardless of what you're on.

Not planning on driving. Friend is going to drive in about 6 hours- trying to determine whether or not it'll be okay when she goes to drive away in the morning.

Multifaceted

Reaction score
It wouldn't be the Internet without at least one joke such as yours. :p

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads