I work at a hotel and I'm trying to be more aligned with personal morals

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If you don't like the cost I want to charge for staying in the shelter I built.... Why dont you go build your own shelter, like I said, there is still such a thing as free land.

Sign your life away in subservience to your lord? How bout work with a good man who sees his employees as family and his customers as deserving a good value for the money they pay

These are the two most ignorant-to-the-ways-of-this-life that most of us live on this website, that I have read in quite some time. I dont think you have even close to the world view that most do here. Sure, you are welcome to state your opinions, just know they are born out of fascist, right-wing think tanks, IMHO.

@highwayman the fact that you just quoted Isaac Asimov is fucking amazing.

All Who Wander

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I do not hate this society. Your small sliver of a view in our society is just that. All hatred is born of ignorance. I recognize that ignorance pervades society but I also accept that society is simply a confluence of our collective humanity. People have collaborated & been complicit in the participation of great evils, atrocities & bigotry based on shared ignorance. Society is not an abstract notion; in our small and individual ways we are all either working towards the betterment or to the detriment of the whole. I wan't to challenge what we believe to be moral; to hopefully be always on a path towards intellectual enrichment for our collective enlightenment away from hate towards love.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
—Isaac Asimov

I don't really buy that ignorance is the grand evil of humanity, as if well educated and so called enlightened individuals were not most often those behind the worst atrocities mankind has ever produced.

Humans are essentially just apes looking for more bannannas so they can mate more often. Everything else just seems to be finding inference and justification for our primarily instinct driven actions, with intellectualism often used as a defense against personal responsibility.

All Who Wander

Banned
Reaction score
Has it ever occurred to you that some of us have chosen to live an intentional & just life that is opposite to an ignorant & corrupt capitalist majority?

Ignorant and corrupt capitalist majority? Sure sounds like you hate this society. Is there also room for a well educated non-corrupt capitalist minority in your world view or are all capitalists and people who believe in meritocracy automatically considered ignorant and corrupt?

Sure I can accept that an incredibly small minority of people in soceity shun the acceptance of others and prefer to live lives against the social norms. I tried it, grew the mohawk, lived in punk flops for 4 years, found out gutter punks n artistic junkies were just as corrupt and money grubbing as anybody else I met in society, often more so as they were more willing to do great harm to get money and had all the best justifications to excuse their actions. Im oppressed by fascists who wont hire me cause mohawk, so it's totally cool for me to steal this 5 lb block of cheese from the local market and shoulder check the 60 yr old conformist trash as I run out the door. Yep been there done that.

All Who Wander

Banned
Reaction score
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Non-Conformists, we officially have a capitalist insider....

This is one of the most hilariously ignorant posts I've seen on this website in quite a while.

Have you ever worked for a large hotel chain? I have. Right up until they accused me of stealing the cash room deposits. Then told me I was not able to get my last paycheck because, "it was to make up for the money I stole". Fuck them. I KNEW it was the tweaker graveyard person, and told them the same, to no avail, due to my lack of tenure.

These capitalist mega-machines do not operate under the same laws and ethics that small mom and pop companies do. Not even close to the same. That conservative arguement is worn out to the point of retirement from conversation.

Heh capitalist mega-machine hotels do not operate under the same laws mom an pop companies do? Not even close? Got news for ya, the largest hotel chain in the world, with 5 million+ guests a day staying at their chain, is entirely franchise based and each hotel is individually owned and operated, ALL of them are mom and pop operations. And what that hotel you worked for did to you, refusing to pay your last paycheck... (if it actually happened) is agaist the law and you could sue the shit outa them and win easy or press criminal charges. Did you?

• Haha
Reactions: Coywolf
D

Deleted member 20

If anyone was to ask me anywhere, what I believe to be the greatest evil known to man is? I would say its the greed and exploitation of capitalism. Capitalism allows and encourages profit at all costs. Now the empirical ideology grows on a greater global level, it allows for much evil. Global warming? No problem. Commodity driven wars? yup Genocide? You betcha. Environmental Racism? check Privatized Prisons? Ok. Corporate Torture/Black Ops? Sounds fine. State wide grand scale aquifer water theft for the production of cash crops like almonds while California burns in drought? yes please. This list goes on, infinitum.

Capitalism Kills and Ignorance is the elixir of the masses. Are we all not personally responsible for our individual actions that allow for such reprehensible acts to be done on our behalf? Any US taxpayer should feel as complicit as a war criminal.

If your banana/ape simplification is to be accepted. Is it fair to you that 5 wealthy apes control half of the worlds supply of bananas?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

I have never even seen a 5 lb chunk of cheese. I would feel obligated to share that amount of hypothetical cheese with others just if I had access to a surplus of bananas. Your cynicism is sad.

BusGypsy

Reaction score
I have never even seen a 5 lb chunk of cheese. I would feel obligated to share that amount of hypothetical cheese with others just if I had access to a surplus of bananas. Your cynicism is sad.
I did at a grocery store once as a part of a display. My partner and I were discussing whether or not it was real. Apparently that's how its sold in Europe

D

Deleted member 20

How cosmopolitan, I have only seen fake plastic cheese wheels but unsure If I could handle myself in the presence of such dairy wealth.
download (2).jpg

All Who Wander

Banned
Reaction score
https://shop.tillamook.com/cheese-5-medium.html

Guess you guys don't spend a lot at grocery stores or spend a lot of time around gutter punks cause ofc no gutter punk shoplifts or uses "evil capitalist facists" to justify it.

Oh yeah... highwayman... thats like a road bandit armed robber right? And weren't you just saying you got no problem stealing breakfasts, toiletries, etc from hotels... and that does not conflict with living a "just" life.

I guess those hotels deserve to get robbed by you right? Cause they are evil capitalists and the people that work there, they are all corrupt because they pay taxes for their evil government so it would be good if they lost their jobs n lived on the street with their kids begging and stealing to get by. Thats more honest and "just" right?

D

Deleted member 20

Yup, as known in Irish/English folklore & also a nod to my favorite country super-group The Highwaymen. "The outlaw of legend is depicted as an innocent man, driven by powerful enemies to live outside society. He takes refuge in the forest, where he survives by robbery and poaching. But these crimes are viewed as necessary and justifiable. In time, he finds a chance to revenge himself, and vindicate his essential innocence. Then he returns in triumph to live on the right side of the law."

You do know that your not supposed to feed us gutterpunks. We grow up to be middle aged members of STP.

All Who Wander

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I think I completely understand this "intellectual" mindset now. Anyone who pays taxes is a war criminal, no one is innocent, so its ok to rob them or ruin their lives in benifit of yours. Its necessary and justifiable. Brilliant.

Ps. Most gutter punks never grow up. They just die really young. They might become violent criminals, addicts, convicts or just plain victems, but at least their not tax paying right wing crackpots who signed their lives away in subservience to some east indian benevolent hotel lord.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@All Who Wander alright, enough. you've derailed this thread as it is, if you want to continue this debate, create a new thread for it in the politics section.

Reactions: BusGypsy

BusGypsy

Reaction score
rat race of cheese.... this is the funniest video I've seen in ages

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads