i will be returning to my farm.

travelin

Reaction score
im probably going home for a while to contemplate things. ill be stopping somewhere between here and there for an unknown amount of time to sit on a river and flyfish. my mind says two weeks but i cant really put a time limit on it.

there should be a huge chunk of cash available so i will be installing a huge battery bank in this trailer and covering the roof with solar panels and hooking in a big inverter or more than one inverter.

once i arrive i will either transfer the system to the barn and draw rv power off it or just buy a whole new system for the barn.

get my old ford front end loader going first off, put new tires on my lowboy and probably new tires and register it then im gonna haul up a tractor from the coast and work on it to use for plowing and mowing. probably will buy another cheap tractor as a backup.

ill be clearing up the openings to plant late crops, dont know when i will get there but it might be too late for anything but fall and winter crops like onions and greens.

im gonna quickly set up a chicken coop and get rabbits going.

gonna do a lot of thinking and a lot of planning and scheming on things like hydro power from the creek, fish ponds, stockpiling firewood, trimming out the inside of the barn, half as living quarters and half as storage/ workshop.

will probably build an addition to the barn to park stuff under.

have to tear down the remains of an old shed collapsed on a syrup cooking pan, cut up the steel pan and carefully de construct the furnace and save the fire bricks.

there is a project im thinking about that involves the haulage of a whole lot of clean sand up from the creek bottom to the top of the hill after bulkheads are built. i need as much level land as possible on top of the hill for at least three rvs, half a dozen trucks and tractors and other stuff.

one thing i very quickly need to do is dig in a septic tank and a field system. i plan on a pretty large system and renting a track hoe is probably the best way to do this unless one of my friends there in the area has his backhoe free for a couple of days.

ive been thinking about it a lot the last week. i guess its a defence to keep from thinking about the horror that my everyday life has become.

that will be over sometime. i hate to make predictions, but i think its not gonna be later than the end of july when her spirit soars to freedom.

nothing is set in stone. all i know is i need my land. i need to do things on it.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Make your and her life as happy as possible and enjoy it. My heart goes out to you and your wife.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads