I was issued a "hate speech" warning for reciting lyrics to a DMX song. (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
the reason I gave you that warning is because since everyone HAS to nickpick every little situation that even MIGHT be problematic (i.e. well so and so said __ in his post, why can't i?) we have a BLANKET policy of 'just don't do it, and you KNOW why'.

is it a little PC? maybe. I don't LIKE having to draw those lines, but people force us to, so that's the way it is. you don't get to do anything you want here, we're not facebook. but, you get to do pretty much whatever you want in our playground within a few reasonable rules. I feel like that's pretty fair. and if you don't think it's fair? well, there are plenty of other playgrounds on the internet to go play in.

MFB

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Well said, Matt. 😊

I thought this thread was going to turn into a shit show.

Its nice when people can disagree with each other but still show respect for one another.

Last edited:

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Website
www.youtube.com
haha... I was into DMX in my mid teens...

Specially with that one Jet Lee Movie... that used the trax.

Buddy of mine had a kick ass Jeep Cherokee we would roll in... yea I was one of the Poor kids in that crew...

WE would Light a fatty park in an empty parking lot and turn up the subwoofer ... and fucking pretend like we could battle rap those lyrics rough riders.

Then later when I was in the military and made more friends from other parts of the country... Going to the dorms for a party or to base housing for a house party... kicking DMX on the Quality CD Boom Box... *does anyone use CD's anymore???... was never a question.

Anyway... I'm all for respecting everyone and following the rules...

I only comment... cuz I had good times rolling in that Jeep Doing Ear damage with DB's off Crazy Volume... and Well... I continue to live in a changing world that I'm always marveled has not yet completely fallen into chaos.

Barf

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
I got all excited when I first glanced at the thread title.

Thought I was gunna get to share some cough syrup stories.

Once I did so much dxm I was able to see with my eyes closed.

Also, on that same trip, I'm pretty sure I didn't pee for a day at least.

Had a horrible syrup hangover the next day.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Website
www.youtube.com
Thought I was gunna get to share some cough syrup stories.

After Boot camp in upper Texas I believe we called that ROBO-TRIPPIN. ::borg::

Combined with Whippets A real stupid time in the dorms... ::pompus::

That is until we could get off base with someone over 21 and get some Jose Cuervo. ::playful::

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

My Anarchist's Guide to Travel came in today, six days early! I know it's not anything major, but I feel like I'm finally making progress towards getting myself out and traveling.

Now I just have to make sure I don't forget about my book review (which I wrote in my spare time) because I was too busy plowing through this. 😬

EDIT: It also came with a message from Matt and an awesome StP sticker that I didn't notice at first! Thank you!!
Katbearfoot wrote on Fenimore's profile.
cool tats! ;)
Back in the states, where madness reigns supreme

But I'm alright here in Wichita, KS

Found some beautiful nature spots

kickin' it with my parents

Hit me up if you roll through

Hope you all are well and I hope things start changing for the better
Jerrell wrote on Twiggy's profile.
Good to hear.
Weekly voice chat is in 30 mins in our discord, come conversate with us using your vocal cords
Coronavirus, Murder hornets, race riots...level 6 jumanji starts tonight
Well spanged up enough for a greyhound dipping this thursday thx! For the help!
My account finally says "Hobo"
No one can tell me I didn't earn my skank
Anyone in Minneapolis at the protest, just got back here from Duluth
Will do these posts occasionally so family and friends know we are alive and well.
Currently: in Mariposa, CA, getting ready to head to Coulterville, CA.

Staff online

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
WallabyCurtis