I do miss the libraries being open.. (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Grimy Poe

Pilgrim
Being a student without access to a library is really taking a toll on me. Only four weeks in my semester, finals are coming up and it's getting tough to find a quiet place to cram.

In do time I suppose though

sewerowl

Trying to write papers in my busy ass house has been tough. I miss settling down in a quiet corner and laying out all of my sources in front of me!

D

Deleted member 27861

I deleted myself
Trying to write papers in my busy ass house has been tough. I miss settling down in a quiet corner and laying out all of my sources in front of me!
I can attest that the quality of my work in my online class has decreased noticeably after the big university library I used to go to closed.

For some reason, I just can't concentrate for shit in my pop's house. I'll try to focus on work, but then find myself binge-watching YouTube videos and playing games. Then when I try to finally focus, I get bad brain fog for some reason. Then if the brain fog lifts and I can finally focus, my family wants or needs my attention for some reason.

Shit I feel sick and dizzy right now for some odd reason.

The library was a guaranteed interruption-free zone, and somehow, it's easier to focus on my work when I can go at my own pace without fear of disruptions and distractions, I had everything I needed in a neat little bag, and not surrounded by clutter, and I could more easily negotiate with my impulsive self like, "Okay, if you get at least 30 minutes of homework done, you can play a game for an hour."

At home, it might be time to play that game for an hour like I earned, but then something family-wise comes up, and I don't get that break, and I get kind of stressed out and derailed.

peterb

Lurker
Most libraries are still checking out e-books, but you have to have a card. Not the same as a real book and you can’t hang out, but you can still read.

Aaron Adonis

I miss it too. Just the atmosphere of libraries is soooo calming! That and there's always things to do there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Faunus Urban Herbalist and Sundry Other Projects: A Reminder The In-Between 6
BradKajukenbo The downside of being a homesteader. The In-Between 22

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.