I AM LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO PARK MY BUS OUTSIDE MADISON, WI. | Squat the Planet

I AM LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO PARK MY BUS OUTSIDE MADISON, WI.

D

doctressjulia

I bought a 30-foot schoolbus (I just took the seats out today). I am looking for a barn (preferred), lot, driveway, or whatever to park it... I hope to live in it sooner than later. Any leads appreciated.

MarsOrScars

Reaction score
Website
knotcraft.net
Do you need a place to park while you work on it? Meaning you'll also need power for tools + space to work and lay stuff out while you build it?

I think the best option would be having an agreement with someone who owns a patch of farm land that might be open to that, maybe in return for work or finding something like a co-op. Not sure how the co-op community is up there in WI. Advantage of this agreement would be access to materials and tools you would otherwise have to salvage or buy elsewhere.

On that note, do we have any resources on Co-Ops here at StP? Just curious.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i found someone here in austin on craigslist when i had my school bus and needed a space like you're talking about. it was $150/mo but right on the river on a farm with no one around for almost a mile in any direction. pretty rad. i'd suggest posting an ad and just making clear your intentions. i put a lot of emphasis that i didn't do drugs and that i wouldn't be a nuisance.

D

doctressjulia

Well... I thought i had a place to park it over the winter but the person who offered me the space (I wouldn't have bought this fkn thing had I not had the offer to park it and work on it there)... is pretty overprotective of the space. Their dog got out today and they're blaming me for it... they already went off on me about another time when I first parked it (something else minor that I did now not was not kosher). ANY leads are appreciated; I am on the East side of Madison so Sun Prairie or Dodgeville would be good, too. I want to live in it eventually but I only today got about half the seats out (angle grinder, yep). I am ON MY OWN. HOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS??? I am a member on skoolie.net so I am gonna go post there, too. Yes, I will also post another ad on Craigslist, too. I did get a lead on an auto shop that has a huuuge dirt lot that is owned by a guy who knows a guy I know, you know... lol SOOOO Any, ANY pointers are most appreciated. I am almost regretting buying this thing and not something smaller. :/

D

Deleted member 20

Well with the tiny house movement taking off everywhere you may be able to find somewhere. I would reach out to intentional communities, churches, campgrounds & farms. I guess you will need electric & water hookup so mot likely you will need to pay a nominal monthly rent, prob like $200-350 per month. I have some activist friends in Madison that are also involved with helping the homeless with the Tiny house movement there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads