Howdy from BC

Dukkha

Reaction score
Vancouver, Unceded Coast Salish Territory
My name's Lydia. I'm 18. I've lived in Vancouver all my life.
Things I like: being outside in the sunshine, anarchy, fastcore, black metal, playing mandolin, drums, treeees, being nice, nice people, coconut kefir, writing songs, exercising my autonomy and helping others realize their freedom.

Things I don't like: Oppression, november, december, january and february

I want to learn more about: hunting (I'm vegan right not and not loving it, but seriously, fuck animal farming), wildcrafting, bike touring, the east coast, diy and traditional healing, permaculture, general wilderness survival stuff.

I am going to school for the winter, then probably heading to the east coast (for the first time) in the summer. I might head down the west coast a bit during reading break. And I want to do some little weekend bike trips out of Van so I dont go insane. Hook me up with some destination ideas (I'm stoked on beauteous wilderness as well as places where rad folks are doing rad things).
Also, I don't really know anyone in vancouver who plays fiddle or cello. I love them bowed strings, come play music with me.
Or if you dont, I always like making new friends anyway, come play scrabble with me.
ALSO I LOVE WRITING LETTERS AND I REALLY WANT A PEN PAL!!!!

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Richmond Va

woodstack

Reaction score
vancouver canada?
I'm from port coquitlam! hopping a train on thursday to calgary for a few days then gonna kick it in the kootenys and perhaps pick up a big ugly cheap van! but when i return i am down for some weekend bike trips to save me from the winter insanity.

Reaction score
Website
effectiveresistance.tumblr.com
Wow, you sound amazing. I too am from BC. It would be great to cross paths sometime and conversate. Or go on an excursion. And if you are political, even better!

One more thing.. Winter is great! One of my best journeys happened in winter. Just adds more to the experience.

Atheringtonn

Reaction score
vancouver canada?
I'm from port coquitlam! hopping a train on thursday to calgary for a few days then gonna kick it in the kootenys and perhaps pick up a big ugly cheap van! but when i return i am down for some weekend bike trips to save me from the winter insanity.
I've done this route a few times, but only and summer and even then it was freezing over night, so curious how you make out if you don't mind filling me in.

Molly Mason

Reaction score
my destination before next winter is Calgary! anyone here know of rail system that gets you from the states into canada over to calgary???? this has been a fairly large problem i cannot seem to get an answer to.

Kadidlehopper

Reaction score
holy crap, people from canada? on stp? no way, any of you still active?

• Haha
Reactions: ByronMc

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads