Howdy all.

Vance Lee

Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Well, I am a 54 year old country singer living off my bicycle/trailer rig in East coast Florida. I fell on hard times as we musicians can at times and bought a bike and a trailer and hauled as lol. It was a simple decision for me as I was raised and born here in Cocoa Florida. I have lurked here for several years and decided to join. I have learned so much from all of you already - thanks for your posts. I was on a perpetual bicycle tour, but landed a house gig in Sebastian around November 1st so I guess I'm a homebum now, well for now. I don't know how long I will be here, but for now, can't ride off from the $ haha. I love this lifestyle and can't wait to talk to you guys and share what I have learned since you have unknowingly, shared with me. Have a great day! They all are great btw ;)
bike rig.jpg

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Dooooood!! Welcome to STP!! There are many here who are a two wheel rubber tramper! Sorry I've been away here so you may have found it but here is the long distance bicycling forum and the link that I put in there that leads to other links (yes I'm a former long distance bicyclist).

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/community-bicycle-organizations-and-new-bike-touring-group.32794/

Do look up those links and DO look up the facebook group with Kuba Jennes - it is a very active facebook group that is growing and people meeting up. :)

Have fun!!

Thuggineternal

Reaction score
Hi Vance. I'm new also. I'm not a traveler but hopefully that's not a requirement to be a member? I'm a 41 year old female, mom of 4 kids, only one left in the nest.....Starting to think about seeing more of the world than I've been able to thus far, as I enter this new season in my life. I can't believe I've never stumbled upon this place until now but I guess I have what some would call an unplugged-semi-off-the -grid lifestyle. Looking forward to reading the site when I'm able to get online. It seems to be a treasure trove of information. A long distance cycling forum too? Wow!

Vance Lee

Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Dooooood!! Welcome to STP!! There are many here who are a two wheel rubber tramper! Sorry I've been away here so you may have found it but here is the long distance bicycling forum and the link that I put in there that leads to other links (yes I'm a former long distance bicyclist).

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/community-bicycle-organizations-and-new-bike-touring-group.32794/

Do look up those links and DO look up the facebook group with Kuba Jennes - it is a very active facebook group that is growing and people meeting up. :)

Have fun!!
Your adventure was a great inspiration. I found the guy you named on fb, but not his group. Have a link?

Vance Lee

Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Hi Vance. I'm new also. I'm not a traveler but hopefully that's not a requirement to be a member? I'm a 41 year old female, mom of 4 kids, only one left in the nest.....Starting to think about seeing more of the world than I've been able to thus far, as I enter this new season in my life. I can't believe I've never stumbled upon this place until now but I guess I have what some would call an unplugged-semi-off-the -grid lifestyle. Looking forward to reading the site when I'm able to get online. It seems to be a treasure trove of information. A long distance cycling forum too? Wow!
I would say 70% of what I learned here is in practice by me, daily. A fantastic resource.

Reactions: JackSquat

Vance Lee

Reaction score
Website
facebook.com

Have fun!!
Found it duh lol

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads