Howdy all, newbie here!

LennyLeather

Reaction score
Hello friends, I have just recently discovered this site and am planning on traveling to Oregon within the next week, this is my first time am doing my first time leaving the nest and I would just like some tips on overcoming the anxiety of leaving the place I've been trapped in my entire life.

croc

Reaction score
hey, welcome!

i'm still new to traveling but a couple tips that come to mind....
1. if u think traveling will fix all your problems (especially mental health stuff), odds are it wont.
2. being as prepared as possible (gear wise) for any foreseeable issues helped ease my anxiety.
3. looking up where i'm going on the satellite view of google maps (especially for camp spots) helps u feel more prepared and at ease.
4. in a lot of other threads people always say go for a test run. take a few days away camping or squatting etc and see if it's for u. from your post it seems like u might not have time to do this? but if u can it'd probably help u feel more confident about it.

also, congrats on getting out of jersey lol

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
Congrats, @Bjorn1873 !!!
Just spend as much time as you can reading the forums here. This place saves lives.
I know you're nervous, but you're going to love it!
Not sure how you're gonna roll, but when you make it from NJ to OR on your first run, you'll deserve a cold beer or two. Hit me up when you get here.
Cheers

Reactions: LennyLeather

LennyLeather

Reaction score
Congrats, @Bjorn1873 !!!
Just spend as much time as you can reading the forums here. This place saves lives.
I know you're nervous, but you're going to love it!
Not sure how you're gonna roll, but when you make it from NJ to OR on your first run, you'll deserve a cold beer or two. Hit me up when you get here.
Cheers

Finally made it to Portland this morning! A very successful trip!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads