How was I not aware of this?!

Jonathan Wade

Reaction score
Friend of mine just mentioned this website to me earlier today so I figured I'd get on here and check it out!

Anyway, I'm originally from the King County (WA state) area, grew up in Hong Kong and have been living in the PNW (mainly Oregon) since 08. Just relocated to Vancouver, WA where my band is now once again taking root. Decided to get the fuck out of the Hood River area after a nutjob landlady decided to stop taking our rent checks and claim we never paid her, landing 8 adults and 2 service pits homeless (again). But hey, better her piece of shit son have the property than us, right?

Spent some time living out in the woods away from the bullshit and decided I needed to get my music going again after most of our crusty-ass community decided it was traveling time.

I work as a FOH Engineer (sound guy) and have my own studio where I mix and record my own and other people's stuff. This kind of work is great because it leads to me being on the road for months at a time, sometimes with my own bands, sometimes actually getting paid for it!

The significant other and I have been on and off about throwing all our gear back into storage in someone's basement yet again and hitting the road, which will happen eventually, of course.

I guess I'm posting this intro just to get in touch with the community. We're currently living with a few room mates that don't entire share our value system (at the old place everyone was an ancom so we lived communally, had tons of free time, never ran out of booze or pot, shared all our food, etc.). Here things are a lot more separated and "traditional" which has been bumming me out. I'm introverted as all fuck but I love being around people who think like me, so I guess I'm hoping at some point to move on from this place and build up another living situation like I had before!

This is all rambly and disorganized, haha.

Also looking to make some new connections in the PDX/Vancouver area. Now that I'm not in the middle of fucking nowhere I'm getting involved in Black Rose Anarchist Federation locally again and hoping to be working with PDX solnet.

Anyway, if anyone in the area wants to meet up and just hang out or whatever, shoot me a message!

Bonus points for getting through this scattered clusterfuck of an intro post. I should probably sleep or something

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Holy shit - awesome intro!!! Welcome!! I'm sure there are a bunch of STP's people that way. Welcome to the site and hope you find some fellow people here!

Reactions: Kal

Jonathan Wade

Reaction score
yeah, I had a crust punk band running for a while before it fell apart for the usual reasons. Getting that going again soon hopefully, but my main project and brain child is Mortal Plague. http://mortalplague.bandcamp.com

We have a new album coming out august 22nd that I'm trying desperately to finish mixing. A lot less intense than the last release with more focus on songwriting, and much higher quality since I've both upgraded my gear and my abilities since then!

I have a few other things in the works, just joined a melodic death metal band on vocals (it'll be nice to not have to write songs and play guitar for once!), I have a NIN influenced industrial metal album in the works, and a handful of songs I wrote to busk with.

Here's a link to my old crust band Nerve Damage:

The shirt the vocalist is wearing was a loaner from me. I got it back and it's now my backpatch haha

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
awesome!!! haha - I have a surround set up on my laptop and you just sent my 3 cats flying LOL.

You have a list of dates where you are - set them and I will find a place for them (used to have events subforum here) .

Oh and yeah - sup with the neg rating on previous post?

Jonathan Wade

Reaction score
Don't think I did that, although I'm not used to this forum's format yet. The punk band is still dead until I can get another guitarist and bassist, but for the black metal band we currently have:
July 8th @ Ash St. Saloon, Portland OR w/ disentomb, hail the artilect, increate

July 31st @ the wicked vegan Vancouer, WA with grim ritual (I think)

Working on our CD release show for August 21st still

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Welcome!

Wish I knew musicians. I have no musical talent so that leaves me bereft of musical connections. Ha ha!

Sorry to hear about the landlady. This is why, when I get my mom's property, I will be starting a communal living haven for free spirits.

Good luck in your travels and stay safe!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads