How do yall take your pups on the fly | Squat the Planet

How do yall take your pups on the fly

Des

Reaction score
Feel pretty good about taking my doogle on trains for the most part but I have no idea how to safely catch out on the fly with her (well as safe as it can be). Anyone with larger pups have any advice to give about this? It's not something I'd like to make a habit of but sometimes its the only option.

D

Deleted member 24782

There really is no safe way to catch a train on the fly with your dog in my opinion, I had so many close calls back when I travelled with my dog, and other peoples dogs. Not to mention an old friend of mine lost both his legs doing this. But you should definitely bring your dog if they like it.

Reactions: croc and Des

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I don't recommend catching IMs on the fly but a grainer with a low cut porch is easy enough. Shoulder harness is a must. Just lift em up there and make sure they're well behaved enough to give you time to get on.

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
I'd highly suggest avoiding catching on the fly with a large dog.
Just hitch, or something.
Hell, wait for another train to stop.

Getting off of moving trains that are going slow is a different story.. But I try to avoid both. Mainly, because I do have a large dog. Otherwise my habits may be different. But you have extra responsibility weighing on you when your involving another life completely dependent on you, at that point.

Dameon

Reaction score
I've heard stories of people trying to throw their dog on the train on the fly and accidentally throwing them under it. There is no safe way to catch on the fly with a dog.

Des

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming my thoughts on it yall. Some kids were telling me it was fine byt my pups life is way more important to me than a ride

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads