Hopped all over the country... Time to get my feet wet!

Maximus

Reaction score
Hey y’all, it has been quite some time since my last post.

I took the rails from Omaha to Manhattan back in 2015 and worked with some friends in Washington Heights for a bit, taking a job with the Javitz Center until 2018. I then moved to Sacramento by hitching the rails until 2019, working on myself and my didactic education. I learned a lot more of Latin and Greek for my personal interests and then took a job skip tracing for a small-cap company, I didn’t like the vibe of the job and moved on in 2020 just before the pandemic and ended up selling solar over the phone. I’ve decided to head back to NYC to meet up with some old contacts in August and I’ll be in Brooklyn starting around August 1st, if I can hop correctly haha. My mom lives in Auburndale, FL and picking up a sailing vessel around Orlando shouldn’t be too much of a hassle, but I’m looking for a fixer-upper that will need a bit of TLC. From Brooklyn I will be working until I have about $3k more saved up for a trip to FL, from there I’ll be looking for the right ship.

If you’re going to be in the NYC area around then, awesome, let’s meet up and plan something. I’d like to start sailing by the middle of 2022; destination, the Caribbean. I picked up some sailing experience last time I was in NYC and in Sacramento, so the time is right to pursue those goals again.

If you find yourself needing a couch to crash on while you’re in the east coast don’t hesitate to ask, and if you’re interested in aquatics and sailing, even better.

With love,
Maximus

Reactions: superphoenix

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads