Hopeful Newbie from AR | Squat the Planet

Hopeful Newbie from AR

Nezidig

Reaction score
Hi all, name is Zac, 25, central AR. I found this site when someone mentioned it on the vagabond subreddit. Have been thinking about wandering for quite awhile, five plus years.

Im 25 and due to legal trouble (did some stupid dumb stuff in HS at 16, caught a felony arson) I cant just up and ditch life quite yet. I've been mentally preparing, reading stories, gear guides, etc, which is what drew me to this site. I have to say going through a lot of posts over the past weeks and months that I really am quite set on doing this. I feel I have something to prove to myself, if that makes sense? I've lived with my parents my entire life for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which being that since neither of them work (moms sick, on SSI) I of four siblings stuck with them to bring in the extra income.

To make a long story short, since i cannot gain true freedom any other way, I'm going to leather trahmp my way to see the US sites I've always wanted to go to before life comes back hard swinging.

I look forward to meeting and getting to know you guys, and thanks in advance for the huge stockpile of knowledge that is here, allowing me to learn some lessons the easy way. (What should I pack? LESS)

You guys can ask me questions here if ya like.

P.S. Sorry about the formatting, getting used to using mobile here still.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
cool man, welcome to StP. when you say leather tramping, you mean hitchhiking? where are you trying to go? any places in particular you're excited to go see?

Nezidig

Reaction score
I wasn't going to hitch I was going to walk the whole way. I kind of want to feel the distance, but who knows maybe I decide it's too much and hitch eventually. I'm going to head west, Colorado, yellowstone, and then wing it. I've never seen actual mountains or any of the such

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny
D

Deleted member 24782

I wasn't going to hitch I was going to walk the whole way. I kind of want to feel the distance, but who knows maybe I decide it's too much and hitch eventually. I'm going to head west, Colorado, yellowstone, and then wing it. I've never seen actual mountains or any of the such

I've been wanting to walk across the country for a long time, done a lot of train riding but some of my best times have been literally been just walking, adventuring into the unknown!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads