Homemade jam from mulberries I picked in my backyard =] | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Homemade jam from mulberries I picked in my backyard =]

Rover Damn

Reaction score
Dude its true we got tons of mulberries out here but dont try and make wine with them till after primary fermentation because berries have a tendendency to stop your yeast which is nice if your ready for it! Also elderberries=ass

RockerBilly

Reaction score
mulberries are the shit. I've heard that if you eat them when they're not yet ripe, they can make you hallucinate. I remember late last summer i saw 2 wood pigeons fall out of a mulberry tree and stumble around because they'd gotten drunk eating the rotten berries, and their feathers were all stained pink, it was quite a funny sight.

Too many elderberries make me feel kinda shitty though, they contain a small amount of cyanide. But the flowers are great for adding to your water. Also, the wood of the elder tree has a very soft inner pith and the shoots are very straight, so you can just hollow them out with a coat hanger or something and make pipes/chillums and blowguns n shit. Very handy tree.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads