Homeless newbie in car

Dmac

Reaction score
Good luck, I drove for years without a license . You really have to be careful and my anxiety was super high all the time.

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust

DM75

Reaction score
Homeless newbie in car. North east Ohio. Broke and hungry. Not supposed to be driving but really no choice. Be cool if someone joined it's lonely af. They could drive. Scared at this but have faith it's gonna be a fun adventure. I'm 44 chubby guy what could go wrong.
Wish I could drive AND lived closer. Sounds like fun.
Hope you figure some things out

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust

MetalBryan

Reaction score
There's a few chapters of Food Not Bombs in NE Ohio (2019 Locations Food Not Bombs - https://foodnotbombs.net/info/locations/) you can try to get some vegan food friend them, even if it's just at their regular servings.

For tonight and tomorrow, I recommend the parking lots of 24-hr walmarts or other 24-hr stores or large gas stations. Anywhere you see truckers parked you can probably blend in. Most important thing (except food & water) is mentally preparing for this time. Don't try to sleep 8 hrs - just focus on taking naps enough to feel rested and alert enough to drive. Sleep during the day if you can - that's the best way to avoid run-ins with the law.

If you don't move around a lot, you won't burn calories in your body or fuel in your car. The worst thing a walmart will do is ask you to leave, but there's probably some rest stops on the E-W bound highways that would be good for a bathroom sink-bath. Focus these first couple days on taking care of yourself.

Forget all shame - look through trash cans for food and look in vending machines for change. You've jumped into a way of life you need to protect. As you go, ask questions. Folks here are super knowledgeable (I live in my van for 3 years and there's too much info in my brain to dump into this general reaching out) if you ask them something specific.

I'll follow this thread for that purpose. Best general advice I can give you is slow your life down to a crawl... thinking about how everything is going to fall into place in the future isn't the best use of your time right now.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads