Homebum wanting to travel some day | Squat the Planet

Homebum wanting to travel some day

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
cool, welcome aboard! any places you're trying to go in particular?

D

Deleted member 23824

Welcome. I am originally from about 8 miles west of Akron, Wadsworth. That was 2/3 of my life ago. Good decision to exit Ohio, methinks.

Etown961

Reaction score
Hi, old person here. Communism does sound good in theory, but I'm old enough to remember that it didn't work so well in real life. Capitalism still fucking sucks, though!
It didn't work because it was never reached. Its very difficult to reach full communism in a capitalist world market, especially when you have the entire world trying to fucking destroy you lol. Communism can only really be achieved after major social strides have been taken. The people of the world have to want communism, which might very well happen once the robots start taking all our jobs and forcing us to live off the backs of the uber-wealthy who own these machines. I agree that the attempts that were made in the past were unsuccessful, I do not agree with the methods that were used in said attempts, but I can rationalize the many reasons why they didn't succeed, marxian thought was not one of those reasons.

Rabbi

Reaction score
It didn't work because it was never reached. Its very difficult to reach full communism in a capitalist world market, especially when you have the entire world trying to fucking destroy you lol. Communism can only really be achieved after major social strides have been taken. The people of the world have to want communism, which might very well happen once the robots start taking all our jobs and forcing us to live off the backs of the uber-wealthy who own these machines. I agree that the attempts that were made in the past were unsuccessful, I do not agree with the methods that were used in said attempts, but I can rationalize the many reasons why they didn't succeed, marxian thought was not one of those reasons.
Way too good a response for this. Thanks for writing all that out cause I wasn't gonna lol

Reactions: Etown961

Barf

Staff member
Reaction score
First rule is the laws of germany

second rule is be nice to mommy

third rule is don’t talk to commies

fourth rule is eat kosher salamis

~ the ramones

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads