Hola

Belcross

Reaction score
I'm new here and I just wanted to say hi and see if I can get basic knowledge about starting out, as far as gear, where to go and when, and other miscellaneous tidbits of information,I have a pretty good of how I want to start out and where to go I would just like some more refined knowledge from those more experienced.

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to stp. There are tons of threads for you to read if you start digging searching, and reading stickies. Do you have any more specific questions? I recommend sunny places, but thats just me. My best advice is pack light. The smaller your pack the more freedom you will know.

Reactions: Odin

Belcross

Reaction score
Welcome to stp. There are tons of threads for you to read if you start digging searching, and reading stickies. Do you have any more specific questions? I recommend sunny places, but thats just me. My best advice is pack light. The smaller your pack the more freedom you will know.
I'm thinking the west coast(Oregon, Washington) and breach bum it until it gets cold then maybe Cali, I'm thinking good standard camping gear as I want to avoid urban interaction unless it's for supplies are absolutely necessary.just bum the coast till I find something better to do.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The smaller your pack the more freedom you will know.

But what if your OCD?.... sometimes I throw toe warmers all my I have cuz I know winter is coming.

I do agree.

Reactions: TheWindAndRain

TheWindAndRain

Banned
Reaction score
T
I'm thinking the west coast(Oregon, Washington) and breach bum it until it gets cold then maybe Cali, I'm thinking good standard camping gear as I want to avoid urban interaction unless it's for supplies are absolutely necessary.just bum the coast till I find something better to do.

A tarp and sleeping bag is all you need. Seriously. Everything else makes it harder to walk. Thats my opinion.

Reactions: Odin

Belcross

Reaction score
T

A tarp and sleeping bag is all you need. Seriously. Everything else makes it harder to walk. Thats my opinion.
Honestly that's just what I was planning on taking was a tarp and a sleeping bag Maybe even substitute the sleeping bag for a wool blanket and a dropcloth depending on how cold it gets to reduce weight,thinking I would have a budget of five to $600after I boughtall of my supplies.but I think that would be wise to hold onto one of the prepaid debit card in order to buy food and reappoint supplies when need be.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Reactions: ironman

TheWindAndRain

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly that's just what I was planning on taking was a tarp and a sleeping bag Maybe even substitute the sleeping bag for a wool blanket and a dropcloth depending on how cold it gets to reduce weight,thinking I would have a budget of five to $600after I boughtall of my supplies.but I think that would be wise to hold onto one of the prepaid debit card in order to buy food and reappoint supplies when need be.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Food can always be gotten by begging, dumpster diving, or other means. Money is much harder to come by. Keep that in mind because it may be a very longtime before you ever have that kind of money again. I say if you want to learn to live on the streets then hide away a few hundred for an emergency and figure out what your method will be to get food without buying it BEFORE you run out of money. Hope this made sense.

Belcross

Reaction score
Food can always be gotten by begging, dumpster diving, or other means. Money is much harder to come by. Keep that in mind because it may be a very longtime before you ever have that kind of money again. I say if you want to learn to live on the streets then hide away a few hundred for an emergency and figure out what your method will be to get food without buying it BEFORE you run out of money. Hope this made sense.
That made Lot of sense actually, I think StreetSmarts is a crucial aspect of what I'm wanting to do that call me naïve in thinking that the forests and beachs wouldwhere I spend most of my time

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
Aaron love to see what you pack or list . I pack ton I
pack a few things will make you a list.
Sleeping bag
Tent
Tarp
Compression sack with clothes
Hygiene stuff
Sewing kit
First aid
Gallon of water
Sun screen
Fannie bag
Pounco
Rope
Flash light
Wallet
Bandanna
Hat and sun glasses

That's about it to be honest. When do you plan onleaving?g

WeekendWarrior88

Reaction score
Pack your bag, walk around for a day, see how it feels, condense, modify, cut handle off your tooth brush, etc. organize into separate bags (food, sanitation, entertainment), repeat.

Socks and comfortable walking shoes are the most important in my book. And a nice bushcraft sort of knife is good too, like a k-bar. Rather than pack a tarp, you could build your shelter. Sleeping bag or blanket is pretty high priority, and a bug net for your face so you don't wake up with bug bite pizza face. If you're into packing light, I hear emergency blankets work pretty good, and they're cheap.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads