Hitching while playing guitar

KootenayRambler

Reaction score
I know conventionally were supposed to stand out there with our thumbs out, but wondering how many people have had success just propping up a sign, sitting on their pack, and playing guitar while waiting for someone to pull over. I’m used to having a companion so typically one of us will sit and one will stand with his thumb out and we switch on and off, but this time I’m going out on my own and was wondering if I couldn’t just sit down sometimes. What do you folks think?

sevedemanos

Reaction score
ive found personally that theres significantly less chance.

in those instances i did the sign thing, typically, hours would fly by and id finally get tired and stand up.. then people would stop. eye contact is important, apparently.

i can barely hear myself next to the traffic anyway, so its not even a good time to practice. would need to standup and make a big show of it.. have the costume and everything

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads