Hiccups?

Pickles

Reaction score
What do y'all do to get rid of the hiccups? I get them rarely, but when I do, I get em pretty bad. Tonight, the cure was a ham and cheese hot pocket. Any weird cures?

lobotomy3yes

Reaction score
Exhale all the air in your lungs. I mean all of it. Breathe out til you can't breathe out no more than breathe out a couple short exhalations. Then take a giant breath til you can't breathe in no more, take a couple more short inhalations til absolutely full. Hold this in for a while (don't black out!). Then let it go and they should be gone. If they aren't, repeat til they are. Usually works fast.

mksnowboarder

Reaction score
I got ya covered, here.

Get some water and a chair (you don't really NEED the chair, but it'll make shit easier). Take a swig of the water and hold it in your mouth. Tilt your head down and forward as far as you can (theoretically this would work best if you were actually upside down), and swallow. Repeat approximately fifteen times in short succession, and hiccups will most likely be gone (there's been maybe two occasions in my life this has failed).

The way the muscles in the esophagus are used when swallowing in this manner affects the actions of the diaphragm that are causing the hiccups (I'm not staking my reputation on this explanation, though, its something I learned long ago as a child. Either way, it works.)

mike

coldsteelrail

Reaction score
hahahahha this is a spell, and i think it might work a little bit of magic on your spasms. Repeat after me:

I have the hic
I have the swallow
i give them to someone
who can cope with it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads