Hi there...your generic introduction thread.

PlasticSturgeon

Reaction score
Uh, hey...I like taking rides from strangers, ugly art, beer, dumpster digging and I'm especially fond of finding fun adventures. So nothing out of the ordinary on here, but worth mentioning I suppose.
((I'm also pretty damn awkward and apparently don't do that good job hiding it even through text, haha.))

First started hitchhiking when I was 15, but just as means of transportation to and from work. Didn't set out on my first "big" adventure until right after I turned 18 and I thumbed to San Francisco with a buddy. Unfortunately haven't been on another long term travel since. Just dinked around Oregon a ton (at least as far as thumbing it goes.) I know a lot of people don't particularly like hitchhiking, but I genuinely enjoy it. The good experiences have always outweighed the bad.
I've lived in Utah coming up on four winters now, and have gone back to Oregon every spring/summer. For two summers I was living in a tent, then this past year I acquired a vehicle (still have mixed feelings about the thing..) and carhoused it up. I will admit it was really nice being able to lock my stuff up!

Always been interested in train hopping, I just never met the right person to go with. Actually got an offer this summer from somebody I deemed trustworthy and who knew what they were doing, however it was between that or working a shit job for three months, then going to Europe with the money saved.
I figured both events were going to happen for me eventually, it was just a matter of choosing which I wanted to happen first...I'm currently hanging out in Budapest and definitely feel like I made the right choice. Got only a little more than a week left though, then back to the states and off to SLC.

Anyways. Have been lurking around the site for a little bit and it seems like there are some interesting people on here and hopefully some good connections to be made!

Alex the Weaver

Reaction score
Website
apoclove.wordpress.com
Welcome! I like hitchhiking for sure also, except when I'm getting messed with by the cops! I feel like a one man picket against capitalism whenever I'm flying a sign or standing out there trying to thumb a ride. Plus I've met some really nice folks, likewise far more good than bad experiences.

PlasticSturgeon

Reaction score
Hey! Thanks.
I actually have been lucky and haven't had any conflict with the cops while hitching...hopefully saying that doesn't ruin my streak. Hah.

Hmm, haven't had a computer since I posted this...I suppose I could have picked a slightly more opportune time to make an account. I'm back in the states now though and just biding time for a few days until I move to SLC. That said I'm sure I'll be dinking around on here a lot more.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads