Hi, I'm Glaxobaby

glaxobaby

Reaction score
A roommate turned me onto stp. It's cool. I was wondering about resources out there where a person can educate themselves on in stuff like um political science, civics, history, as well as any rewildy type info like agriculture/permaculture/horticulture/botany/geology/knot-tying, etc. I've seen zines before with stuff like how to shoplift stuff in a purse lined with tinfoil and other such subversive yet practical and clever knowledges. I mean like short of attending University, and besides the internet, where are some centers of learning for patrons of alternative/non-walmart culture people sorry to take potshot at such an easy villain as WM. I just think reading, about hard sciences and about social stuff and gaining historical and cultural context, all that's important and empowering and I know that traditional places of higher education can't possibly have a monopoly on knowledge it's just gotta be a matter of finding people and whatever. So, I guess that's just what I'm curious about to hear about. Like, a crustcollege. I think ideas like in Plato or Chomsky or anything inbetween or Vedas or understanding the cosmos--i think all that stuff is especially relevant and meaningful to the kind of people who know about/live in all those margins and nooks and crannies of their bigger Cultures. I think education is even more powerful and beautiful to people like that, who know enough about how things really are to be in a position in life to use their know-how to help people, and not use it to figure out e.g. like how to drill deeper and more sideways for oil and gas. Know what I mean? So I'm Glaxobaby, ha ha. peace!

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
There are a lot of places out there that are exactly what you are describing. Thing is, inclusion and knowledge of their where abouts is usually world of mouth. It's not the kind of thing that gets advertised.

STP is a great resource for that kind of knowledge too. If you start looking through the forums and stuff you may find many of the alternative cures and lessons and stuff that you are looking for. And, if not, you can always post a question and there is likely someone here that can answer it, especially survivalist stuff.

Welcome to STP.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
You haz a lot to say!!! Nice to meet you and welcome! If you do a search on here - I'm sure you'll find some good stuff that is key to some of your questions. I have a couch surfer here right now and he's been turned on to the local used book store - and he found another one as well. The one next to me is really cool in that when the owner decides to do some house cleaning (hehe I mean the stuff he has in there ...) on stuff he is tired of or cannot sell - he sets it outside in a box marked "free". We like that. :D

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads